Nate the Great Goes Undercover by Marjorie…

Nate the Great Goes Undercover (1974)

by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

Summary - Nat the great goes on another adventure to find out who keeps tipping over the neighbor trash cans every night.
Critique - This book is a good example of realistic fiction because Nate behave just like any real detective would.
Genre - Realistic Fiction
Media - Charcoal?
Characterization - Nate is a round character because he uses everyday real strategies to solve this mystery and he shares his thoughts when refining these strategies. ( )
  Heather618 | Nov 13, 2011 |
It was good but I didn't like the part of the bathtub. He was naked so my mom drew bubbles over him to. Also the case was too easy to figure out. - Josiah Lindsey 11 ( )
  Legos | Sep 13, 2011 |
Nate is the Dashell Hammet of the kid set. The terse deadpan makes great reading. The dog is very funny, and the mystery is good. Patrick read eleven pages of this on his own. He loved the passages where Nate is hiding in the garbage can and having second thoughts about the whole project. ( )
  kwilibrary | Jul 14, 2009 |
Just as much fun as the first one, we're really loving Nate the Great!! In this volume, we join Nate on his first "night case." What is this case? Well, Nate has been hired by his annoying neighbor Oliver whose garbage keeps getting dumped over in the middle of the night...WHO would want to steal GARBAGE?! Nate the Great is on the case in no time flat with a LONG, LONG list of suspects....including just about every neighborhood animal you can think of.

Delivered in the same P.I. voiceover as the first book, Nate the Great continues the great tradition of tough guy private detectives...well, as tough as a kid can get at any rate...I can almost imagine it being read by Leslie Neilson (of spoof flick fame), because there is such an edge of hilarity in each book, that you can't resist getting a total kick out of reading how Nate narrows down the suspects and solves the mystery! Another hit for Sharmat! We're still loving the Nate the Great series and plan to read many more!! ( )
  the_hag | Jan 22, 2008 |
For my wonderful father, Nate
I, Nate the Great, am a detective.

Nate the Great has his first night case! "Detective work is not fun and games," Nate explains. "Detective work is dirty garbage cans instead of clean beds. Detective work is banana peels, dishrags, milk cartons, floor sweepings, cigar ashes, fleas, and me..."

It's a tough case. Somebody is raiding Oliver's garbage can each night, but who? The list of suspects is long--Rosamond and Esmeralda, the girls down the street; Rosamond's cats; and all the shrews, moles skunks, birds, and racoons in the neighborhood. Nate courageousely encounters a skunk (nose first) and a telephone pole (head on), but not until he goes under cover of the garbage-can lid does he narrow the suspects down to one.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:40 -0400)

Nate the Great takes on his first night case and tries to solve the mystery of the garbage snatcher.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,344,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible