Undead and Unemployed by Mary Janice…

Undead and Unemployed (edition 2006)

by Mary Janice Davidson

Member:TMMD
Title:Undead and Unemployed
Authors:Mary Janice Davidson
Info:Piatkus, Judy Publishers (2006), Edition: New Ed, Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****

Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson

English (51)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (53)
2nd in the Queen Betsy series. This has her moving out of her house and into the mansion. She also get her dream job in the shoe department at Macy's. This one someone is trying to kill off the vampires of the city and has succeeded a few times. When they target Betsy things don't go quite as they'd planned. Not only do they not succeed they have a sit down with her and the others and they learn that not all vampires are bad. While they call a truce another murder happens so there's still others out there. All in all just light fluff, but super fun to read. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jan 16, 2019 |
This series of books are essentially silly vampire chic-lit, but they're written so well, and with such a sense of fun that they are a joy to read. Perhaps the whole shoe thing was a little overdone in this book, but it's all part of the development of the main character. A book I enjoyed far more than I thought I would. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Jun 22, 2018 |

Though the main character can be super annoying sometimes, they're light-hearted and fun to read. Plus, I love me the one steamy sex scene per book that I wait for the whole way through, then sigh over when it's finally here. Nice not to just have the whole book be nothing but gratuitous sex scenes like many paranormal romances are. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
Non c'è niente da fare: adoro quella pazza scriteriata di Betsy.
Il libro come al solito è un chick-lit vampirico assolutamente esilarante. Impossibile non scoppiare a ridere ogni due su tre e, spesso, anche passarsi le mani fra i capelli per un'indulgente disperazione.
MaryJanice Davidson è brava, molto, e i suoi personaggi sono irriverenti, sagaci, assurdi e folli quanto basta per ricordare al lettore che stiamo leggendo qualcosa di completamente folle ma squisito.

Da leggere e gustare. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
The perfect book to read after finishing a tearjerker. I enjoy Betsy's sarcasm and sass! It isn't easy being Queen of the Vampires, but she's easing into the roll, whether she likes it or not.

Sinclair is growing on me, but I would like to see a bit more character building and "wooing" of Betsy. I'm not devastated by this. It's impossible to take these books too seriously. They are fun, light reads with enough humor to keep the blues away. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |

MaryJanice Davidsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Friedman, JoniCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Long,ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wu, NancyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Police interview of Robert Harris. (prologue)
WHEN I'd been dead for about three months, I decided it was past time to get a job. (chapter 1)
[The receptionist's reaction to Betsy daring to call her workplace the unemployment center]
'I'm sorry, miss, that's RE-Employment. Unemployment centers are an anachronism. We're a responsive twenty-first-century re-employment one-stop center.' (chapter 1)
'Thanks very much!' I snapped. 'What'd I ever do to you, jerk? Here I am, minding my own business, and you throw holy water in my face! Look at my hair! And my shirt!' (chapter 14)
The Lucy Liu knockoff stepped to the big table in the entryway, pulled a knife as long as my forearm out of a heroic pile of weapons, and handed it to Marc, handle first, much to his surprise.
' Would you please', she asked pleasantly, 'drive this into my ear until I can't hear anymore'? (chapter 14)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425197484, Mass Market Paperback)

Being royally undead isn't all it's cracked up to be--there are still bills to be paid. Luckily, new Queen of the Vampires Betsy Taylor lands her dream job selling designer shoes at Macy's.

But when a string of vampire murders hits St. Paul, Betsy must enlist the help of the one vamp who makes her blood boil: the oh-so-sexy Sinclair. Now, she's really treading on dangerous ground--high heels and all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:21 -0400)

Undead, and unable to shake her penchant for shoes, Betsy Taylor, the new Queen of the Vampires, gets a job selling designer footwear at Macy's while trying to catch a vicious vampire slayer with the help of a gorgeous ally.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,448,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible