No title (2006)

Undead and Unpopular by MaryJanice Davidson (2006)

Very enjoyable.

Betsy is, again, at her most infuriating and best. The Vampire Queen you love to cringe at.
That comical temper tantrum and self centered attitude can get a little grating at times. But those things are what make her seem so real, so enticing.

The story was a bit confusing at first, I must admit. I even wondered if I had missed a book in between because things started off all smooth and pretty. Not at all meshing with how the last book ended.

But I powered on, and was given the answers to those bothersome questions looming later on in the story.

So, rest assured, they do get addressed.

On to the next in the wacky ride of Queen Betsy and her betrothed SinkLair (Erik Sinclair). *lol* ( )
  SummerDiva | Jun 25, 2015 |
This one has Betsy's birthday coming up and she doesn't want a surprise party. That is pretty much the start and end to this book. There's a delegation of European vampires that come to visit and we learn that one of Betsy's pals was actually turned into a vampire by one of them which is one of the big plot points in this book. There's also a zombie in the attic which comes up repeatedly but is really not a major plot point. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jan 1, 2015 |
Still all over the place as far as plot. There's a slightly darker tone to the storyline. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
I like to read these for a lighter read but I am hoping the series gets better fast. First if you don't know before starting this book that there is a short story before this one and read it first when you read this it will feel like you missed a book.
Second I'm so tired of how Betsy makes everything to be about her. It's getting old. I'll keep reading and hope it gets better but I don't know how many more I can handle. ( )
  ChrisGardenier | Apr 22, 2013 |
These books are great light reading. There's never much in the way of plot, but the heaping helping of character and humor makes up for it. Very raunchy, and a lot of fun. ( )
  hjjugovic | Jul 16, 2012 |

MaryJanice Davidsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wu, NancyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
'And the Queene shall noe the dead, and keep the dead.'
'Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.'
The Art of War
'Victory is mine!'
Family Guy [TV show]
For Mr. Fogarty,
who got me my first rejection slip.
"There's a zombie in the attic," George the Fiend informed me over breakfast.
BabyJon blatted and I felt his diaper get warmer. And heavier. No! Hull integrity would not hold! She's losing it, Captain, she's losing it! (chapter 22)
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the hardcover first edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third-party websites or their content.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions.

Library of Congress cataloging-in-publication data are provided.

The snail mail addresses are given for Penguin offices in various countries in this order: USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa. England, India, & South Africa are listed as Penguin Books rather than Penguin Group. Canada's is a division of Pearson Penguin Canada, Inc. [Incorporated]. Ireland's is a division of Penguin Books, Ltd. [Limited] Australia's is a division of Pearson Penguin Australia Pty. [Proprietary] Ltd. New Zealand's is a division of Pearson New Zealand Ltd. South Africa's is also Pty. & Ltd.

First edition: June 2006

First printing of first edition line: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425215997, Mass Market Paperback)

This New York Times bestselling author's Undead series is more popular than ever!

With her birthday coming up, Betsy isn't in the best frame of mind to face the powerful European vampires who have finally come to pay their respects. Playing politics is not her strong suit, especially when she finds out her best friend Jessica may have a life-threatening illness. Sure Betsy can save her life by taking it-isn't that what friends are for?-but the choice isn't in her hands.

With her fiancé Eric dodging all the wedding plans, Betsy's plate is full-and not with birthday cake. But who has time to pout? Not even a reluctant vampire queen, who is taking it one high-heeled step at a time in MaryJanice Davidson's creative, sophisticated, sexy, and wonderfully witty series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:38 -0400)

As her birthday approaches, vampire queen Betsy Taylor finds herself playing politics with a group of European vampires who have come to pay their respects and coping with her reluctant fiance Eric, who is trying to dodge wedding plans.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,963,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible