Undead and Unpopular by MaryJanice Davidson

Undead and Unpopular (original 2006; edition 2007)

by MaryJanice Davidson

Member:Lman
Title:Undead and Unpopular
Authors:MaryJanice Davidson
Info:Berkley Sensation (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Ebook, Read and given away
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Davidson MaryJanice 05, SF - Dark fantasy / Horror, SF - Urban fantasy, Queen Betsy series

Undead and Unpopular by MaryJanice Davidson (2006)

Very enjoyable.

Betsy is, again, at her most infuriating and best. The Vampire Queen you love to cringe at.
That comical temper tantrum and self centered attitude can get a little grating at times. But those things are what make her seem so real, so enticing.

The story was a bit confusing at first, I must admit. I even wondered if I had missed a book in between because things started off all smooth and pretty. Not at all meshing with how the last book ended.

But I powered on, and was given the answers to those bothersome questions looming later on in the story.

So, rest assured, they do get addressed.

On to the next in the wacky ride of Queen Betsy and her betrothed SinkLair (Erik Sinclair). *lol* ( )
  SummerDiva | Jun 25, 2015 |
This one has Betsy's birthday coming up and she doesn't want a surprise party. That is pretty much the start and end to this book. There's a delegation of European vampires that come to visit and we learn that one of Betsy's pals was actually turned into a vampire by one of them which is one of the big plot points in this book. There's also a zombie in the attic which comes up repeatedly but is really not a major plot point. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jan 1, 2015 |
Still all over the place as far as plot. There's a slightly darker tone to the storyline. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
I like to read these for a lighter read but I am hoping the series gets better fast. First if you don't know before starting this book that there is a short story before this one and read it first when you read this it will feel like you missed a book.
Second I'm so tired of how Betsy makes everything to be about her. It's getting old. I'll keep reading and hope it gets better but I don't know how many more I can handle. ( )
  ChrisGardenier | Apr 22, 2013 |
These books are great light reading. There's never much in the way of plot, but the heaping helping of character and humor makes up for it. Very raunchy, and a lot of fun. ( )
  hjjugovic | Jul 16, 2012 |

MaryJanice Davidsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wu, NancyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"There's a zombie in the attic," George the Fiend informed me over breakfast.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425215997, Mass Market Paperback)

This New York Times bestselling author's Undead series is more popular than ever!

With her birthday coming up, Betsy isn't in the best frame of mind to face the powerful European vampires who have finally come to pay their respects. Playing politics is not her strong suit, especially when she finds out her best friend Jessica may have a life-threatening illness. Sure Betsy can save her life by taking it-isn't that what friends are for?-but the choice isn't in her hands.

With her fiancé Eric dodging all the wedding plans, Betsy's plate is full-and not with birthday cake. But who has time to pout? Not even a reluctant vampire queen, who is taking it one high-heeled step at a time in MaryJanice Davidson's creative, sophisticated, sexy, and wonderfully witty series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:38 -0400)

As her birthday approaches, vampire queen Betsy Taylor finds herself playing politics with a group of European vampires who have come to pay their respects and coping with her reluctant fiance Eric, who is trying to dodge wedding plans.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,077,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible