Cave of Terror by Amber Dawn Bell

Cave of Terror

by Amber Dawn Bell

511,436,638 (4.5)None

Review by Jennifer Drake

Cave of Terror by Amber Dawn Bell, is a paranormal story about a young woman who has just turned 16, and as a lovely gift she finds out she’s the rare and one and only slayer of evil. Her parents both turn out to be vampires, which again she finds out on her 16th birthday. (Don’t worry this gives nothing away it’s on the first page.) So aside from figuring out how being a “real life Buffy” will fit into her life, she has of course, the normal troubles of a teenage girl on top of everything else also.

One thing interesting about this book is that the author used some unique terms. But she was, thankfully, kind enough to put in a page at the start of the book explaining them so there isn’t any confusion.

This is a cute and never boring story about a girl fighting evil. As a fan of the show Buffy I found it vastly entertaining and hard to put down. I have to say as a side note, that I loved the author’s cute titles for the chapters too! Because this is aimed at a younger audience everything is thoroughly explained, which can be handy and will make sure nobody gets confused. I don’t want to give too much away, but there are some great twists and turns about the characters and in general. This is most definitely a good book for teens, but also for anyone who is into the vibe of something slightly cheeky as well as paranormal. Just make sure you’re in for a ride when you read this, as it is the first in a new series.

http://www.romancing-the-book.com/2009/02/review-cave-of-terror-by-amber-dawn.ht... ( )
  RtB | Apr 27, 2011 |

Do you believe in vampires? I sure didn't. Not until on my 16th birthday when I discovered I'm anything but human. And to add the cherry on the freaky sundae called my life, I'm the first Vânător born in over 500 years. You see, it means I'm destined to be a hunter of evil. That's right; I'm a real life Buffy. And to make matters worse, I'm falling for Ryan-this new guy at school. I never thought I'd be this love struck, hair tossing, dorky teenager. It's enough to make me want to hurl. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that on top of all this, I have an entity stalking me that wants to use my rare blood for his own evil deeds, a girl at school who lives to make my life miserable, and a gymnastics coach who is determined to see I make it to Nationals. Yep, things are really looking up for me. Welcome to the never boring, anything by normal, you never know what's going to happen life of Cheyenne Wilde.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:03 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,424,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible