Daddy, Daddy, Can You Touch The Sky? by…

Daddy, Daddy, Can You Touch The Sky?

by Jonathan Kellerman

511,436,638 (4)None
All member reviews
Daddy, Daddy, Can you Touch the Sky? is a book of different poems. The first poem , Something Fishy is a short poem about fish in the sea and the characteristics that makes each one special. There’s a Monster in My Closet was one of my favorites. It is a narrative poem telling the story of a little girl who finds a monster in her closet. The girl is not scared of the monster at all and teaches the monster a thing or two on how to be scary. How to Get Rid of a Ghost is also a narrative poem. This is a story of a boy getting rid of ghosts by being a good host and feeding them old onion sandwiches, and a glass of water. The last poem, Daddy, Daddy, Can you Touch the Sky is a perfect poem for Father’s Day. It is a poem about a little girl who asks her Daddy to do outrageous tasks such as touching the sky and standing on his nose. No matter how outrageous, her Daddy tries. When he fails he lets her know all the things he is capable of doing such as giving her horsey-back-rides, making funny faces, and bandaging her hurt.

This book of poems has great rhythm and rhyme. I read it to my seven year old son and he enjoyed it quite a lot. It is fun to read and Daddy, Daddy, Can you Touch the Sky? is a great poem to read to any dad on Father’s Day. My husband is a terrific father and is willing to do anything to please his two children, no matter how outrageous or out of the ordinary it might be. There’s a Monster in My Closet is a perfect story to read to a child, my son, who is scared of the dark and monsters. The poem puts a humorous spin on a frightening topic.

In a class room setting this would be a great book to read. For the first poem Something Fishy, children could decorate their own fish anyway they like to make it unique and different from the others. They could paste beads, or sequins, glitter, etc. on their fish. They could color the fish or paint them. As I previously mentioned, Daddy, Daddy, Can you Touch the Sky is a great poem to read on father’s day. Children could draw a picture of special things their dads do for them or things they wish their dads could do. It would be great to read this poem and have the children try to write their own rhyming poems about their fathers. ( )
  rachaelmcdonald | Jun 15, 2009 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,147,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible