The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle

The Grouchy Ladybug (original 1977; edition 1996)

by Eric Carle

Member:markauch
Title:The Grouchy Ladybug
Authors:Eric Carle
Info:HarperCollins (1996), Paperback, 48 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:children's books, math/time

The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle (1977)

I would use this book with kindergarten through third grade. I would use it with such a wide age range due to the use of word, time, and animal practice. We could use clocks to tell time, pictures and sounds to demonstrate animals, graphs to demonstrate animals, and use of repetition. I would use this to also create a lesson on bullying, and have the students write letters to an anonymous person telling a time that they were bullied, that they have bullied someone, or have seen someone else getting bullied. ( )
  Amanda11 | Jan 25, 2016 |
great pictures within this childrens book. students wil;l love such a cute and fun filled book. ( )
  dianamartinez | Dec 9, 2015 |
Little to big. Classic progression, lights up all the brain's quasi-physical-law pleasure centres, and I like that the ladybug who wants to fight all the other animals from little to big is made fun of, gently but at length. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Nov 24, 2015 |
I really loved this one! Another one of his popular ones. This is about a little lady bug who wants to find someone he can fight with. As the animals he wants to fight get bigger so does the pages and the font. I love that! I love the way his pages sometimes aren't regular pages. This book reviews time and has little clocks at the top of every page. I really love that the ladybug looks soooo small by the end. This was probably my favorite of all the Eric Carle books I read. ( )
  tkehoe | Nov 3, 2015 |
The best part of this book was the middle where they had different inserts depending on the size of the animal. This book can also help with telling time. It shows children that being grouchy won't get you many friends, compared to someone who is much nicer than you. This book was definitely more advanced than some of Carle's other books, much more words per page and more advanced words. I enjoyed how the whale portion of the book took more than one page to really exaggerate the size of the whale. ( )
  tturkmen | Nov 2, 2015 |
Aphids are very small insects. They suck the juice from leaves, and then the leaves die. Ladybugs eat aphids. That's good for trees, shrubs, and other plants that have leaves. To the ladybugs I have dedicated this book. Three cheers for them!
It was night and some fireflies danced around the moon.

Der kleine Käfer Immerfrech ist ein ziemliches Großmaul, denn er fordert alle Tiere, denen er begegnet, zum Kampf heraus - bis ein riesiger Wal ihm eine Lektion erteilt, die er nicht so schnell vergessen wird. Ein lustiges und durchaus lehrreiches Bilderbuch, mit dem jedes Kind auch ganz leicht die Uhrzeit lesen lernt.

It's the Grouchy Ladybug's 20th birthday. To celebrate, we are introducing a new, larger format edition with brighter, more colorful pages created from Eric Carle's original artwork using the latest reproduction technology. The Grouchy Ladybug is bigger and brigher, as irascible but irresistable as ever and will surely delight new generations of readers, as well as her devoted fans of all ages. Happy Birthday, Grouchy Ladybug!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:16 -0400)

A grouchy ladybug, looking for a fight, challenges everyone she meets regardless of their size or strength.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014138350X, 0141332034

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,165,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible