Longboat Blues by Terrell Griffin

Longboat Blues (edition 2005)

by Terrell Griffin

13None717,628 (3.83)5
Member:rhonda1111
Title:Longboat Blues
Authors:Terrell Griffin
Info:AuthorHouse (2005), Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:read, Your library

Longboat Blues by H. Terrell Griffin

Matt Royal was a high-powered attorney in Atlanta, when his world disintegrated when his wife left him. Deciding that the law wasn't for him anymore, he "retired" to Longboat Key in Florida. When his friend Logan is accused of murdering his sometimes girlfriend, Matt comes out of retirement to find the real murderer and save his friend.

I loved the story and the characters. I'm not sure whether the problems were in the editing or in the writing - grammar errors and spelling errors popped up every so often. Once I figured out what the writer intended, I was able to move forward. In the first book that I read which was later in this series, there were no problems, so I'm thinking editing.

I will definitely continue the series. ( )
  cyderry | Sep 22, 2013 |
4 STARS

This is the second Matt Royal Mystery now that I have read in the past 2 days. I liked it so much I am going to read another one next.
Longboat Blues is more of a legal thriller that draws you in right away and keeps your attention all the way through. Like the characters, the drama. Some stronger language in this book especially from one character. It reminded me of a Perry Mason show with dramatic scenes in the courtroom.
I bought this from amazon because I liked previous Matt Royal mystery. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 14, 2013 |
When I was given “Wyatt’s Revenge”—also by Griffin—to review, I was unaware it was the last in a four-book series. Many times, you read a book and knowing a sequel or a trilogy is planned—much the way it is with movies—you worry the subsequent books won’t be as good as the original. When Terry Griffin writes a book, nothing could be further from the truth. Not yet having read the two in the middle—I just finished “Longboat Blues” the first in the series—I am filled with anticipation for the second and third.

Matt Royal is a retired attorney whose friend Logan Hamilton finds himself in a heap of trouble when he’s accused of killing his now-and-then girlfriend, Connie Sanborne. In true mystery fashion, not everything is as it seems. There are little twists and turns that bring Matt on a convoluted ride involving drugs, a three million dollar airplane, a dirty politician and a surprise in the shape of a very special woman.

I love the way Royal is so hands on when defending his friend. He finds more information than any guy with a badge ever could. Right up to the end, Griffin kept me guessing what was going to happen and when I found out why Logan “ran” I was astounded and very happy.

This book truly fits its subtitle, ‘A Mystery’, and if that’s what you enjoy, you’ll love this. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. You won’t be sorry.

Reviewed by: Terri Ann Armstrong, author of "Morning Menace", published by Suspense Publishing, a company owned by Suspense Magazine.

"Reviews within this magazine are the opinions of the individual reviewers and are provided solely to provide readers assistance in determining another's thoughts on the book under discussion and shall not be interpreted as professional advice or the opinion of any other than the individual reviewer. The following reviewers who may appear in this magazine are also individual clients of Suspense Publishing, a company owned by Suspense Magazine: Mark P. Sadler, Starr Gardinier Reina, Terri Ann Armstrong.” ( )
  suspensemag | Jun 27, 2010 |

A burned-out trial lawyer is conscripted to aid his friend, whose girlfriend's body was found on his balcony.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,430,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible