After the Moment by Garret Freymann-Weyr

After the Moment (edition 2009)

by Garret Freymann-Weyr

Member:lovemybooks
Title:After the Moment
Authors:Garret Freymann-Weyr
Info:Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (2009), Kindle Edition, 336 pages

After the Moment by Garret Freymann-Weyr

I liked the book,not as much as I thought I would. I was a little disappointed at how slow the book was. But It was a really good story though the pace is what made me deduct a star. ( )
  Milaxox | Feb 23, 2014 |
Freymann-Weyr does not disappoint with this complex and multi-layered story of first love and its repercussions. Her characters, as always, are multi-dimensional, utterly believable and broken in ways nearly anyone can identify with. Her matter-of-fact treatment of several issues (anorexia, Asperger's and grief to name a few) normalizes them and humanizes the people living with them. That, and it's a ripping good story. Highly recommended, as are all of her books. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
IT was an ok book. Great teen topics. But the book was very boring. i just couldnt get into it and i felt like a chore to finish.

Main character leigh moves in with his father after his sister father died. He ends up falling in love with his sisters friend who has a eating disorder and self cuts/ burns.

when he goes back up to his old town to break up with his girlfriend, maia goes to a party gets drunk and ends up getting raped by 3 guys from her school that film it.

good book but very very boring. ( )
  sareiner | Sep 26, 2012 |
It's a really intense book that covers a lot of hard topics but makes you want to know what is going on. It's hard to read at times, because of the hard subject matter. You just want to know what happens with Mevia and Leigh. The writing is a little awkward at points. Q3P4 AHS/ Elizabeth K.
  edspicer | Dec 11, 2011 |
This is book about a love ripped apart at the seams and the after-effects of it. That's pretty much all I need to write. Generic? Yes. Overdone? Yes. I couldn't even finish this book. The idea has been done and done and done to the point where I didn't even care about this book. And that's not all, but I thought the writing was average if not poor. I wouldn't recommend this book ( )
  graceschumann | Oct 6, 2011 |
Leigh Hunter thought he'd said goodbye to her almost four years ago.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 061860572X, Hardcover)

A new novel by the Printz Honor author Garret Freymann-Weyr, about a boy who discovers what happens when love fails us—or we fail love.

Maia Morland is pretty, only not pretty-pretty. She’s smart. She’s brave. She’s also a self-proclaimed train wreck.
Leigh Hunter is smart, popular, and extremely polite. He’s also completely and forever in love with Maia Morland.
Their young love starts off like a romance novel—full of hope, strength, and passion. But life is not a romance novel and theirs will never become a true romance. For when Maia needs him the most, Leigh betrays both her trust and her love.
Told with compassion and true understanding, After the Moment is about what happens when a young man discovers that sometimes love fails us, and that, quite often, we fail love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:28 -0400)

When seventeen-year-old Leigh changes high schools his senior year to help his stepsister, he finds himself falling in love with her emotional disturbed friend, although he is still attached to a girl back home.

Garret Freymann-Weyr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible