Your Body's Many Cries for Water by…

Your Body's Many Cries for Water (1992)

by Fereydoon Batmanghelidj

Interesting but I'm not sure I buy drinking lots of water will cure *everything* which is pretty much what he writes. I know I don't drink enough water so I'm working on increasing, don't know that I can ever make it to 2-3 quarts a day though. ( )
  bookswoman | Mar 31, 2013 |
I'd heard for years that I should be drinking more water, but nobody could tell me why this was so. At the same time I found it extremely difficult to increase my intake of water for apparently no good reason.

Finally, here is a book that explains why we should drink more water.

Dr B's explanation, which constitutes the important message of this book, is that many common, serious ailments are caused by simple dehydration.

When Dr B was incarcerated in prison in Iran for political reasons, he made the first of one of his important discoveries by completely alleviating the severe pain of a fellow inmate suffering from a stomach ulcer by giving him 3 glasses of water, no more no less.

The book contains many testimonials written by persons testifying that Dr B's water intake recommendations had cured/greatly alleviated their arthritis, headaches, MS, high blood pressure, dizziness, overweight, asthma, allergies, high cholesterol, angina, hiatal hernia, back pain, etc etc.

The amount of water we must drink is a minimum of 6 to 8 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Alcohol, coffee, tea and caffeine-containing beverages don't count as water.

It's best to drink one glass half an hour before a meal and one glass two and a half hours after each meal. Two more glasses should be taken in connection with our biggest meal or before going to bed.

Personally I have no idea how much an ounce is, but ten glasses of water is equivalent to about 2 litres, so I try to drink 2 litres a day. I measure this by refilling empty 1/2 litre coconut water cartons, and try to drink 4 of these a day. Coconut water is actually the very best liquid one can drink since it contains the necessary electrolytes, or salts - this is information I learnt from another book, on coconut water,, which book I have also reviewed.

Dr B informs us that it is important to add to the diet about half a teaspoon of salt a day for every 2 litres of water one drinks (since one is drinking ordinary and not coconut water). I personally only use sea salt.

The book is extremely scientific, and I don't claim to understand all of the text, but still the author is totally convincing in his arguments about the absolute necessity of our increasing our intake of water.

He explains how the drinking of caffeien-containing beverages such as coffee, tea and cola exacerbates dehydration. He also explains how diet sodas cause weight gain and expatiates on the dangers of the artifical sweetener aspartame.

The book contains an exciting chapter on the doctor's ideas on AIDS, that it is not caused by the HIV virus but by an imbalance in the amino acid composition in the patients' bodies.

The late Dr B fought untiringly to get his message about the absolute necessity of increasing our water intake out to the world, but other doctors and authorities were impervious to his arguments. This was no doubt because water can't be patented, and the medicinal industries that control the doctors risk losing immense sums in drug profits, were the general public to discover that they could drop their drugs intake merely by drinking water.

I strongly recommend that you read this essential book which contains vital, life-saving information! ( )
  IonaS | Jan 17, 2011 |
The book the medical profession and pharmaceutical industries would prefer you didn't read. EVERYONE should read this book. It is astonishing ( )
1 vote van-vinos | Apr 4, 2010 |
“I am not sure how many stars to give this book as I have just started to follow it's recommendations. This book contains fascinating information regarding the human body and dehydration. This book states that a lot of human conditions could be prevented, reversed, or at least relieved by making sure that the body is properly hydrated and taking in enough salt. It is a slow process according to the author and takes some paying attention to you body and what it's telling you. It has plenty of good advice regarding caffeine, diet sodas, exercise and eating right. It goes against popular medicine by suggesting more water and a higher salt (sea-salt specifically) intake. This book is more for preventing problems and alleviating some existing conditions. It has all the legal jargon up front about not being a cure all and don't do this or that without consulting a doctor. I will evaluate the results over the next month then add to this review and give a star rating.”
  SerpensLiber | Dec 26, 2008 |
Unserem Schöpfer - in Ehrfurcht, Demut, Hingabe und Liebe gewidmet
Die modernen Mediziner verstehen nicht, in welchem Masse Wasser für die Funktionen des menschlichen Körper lebensnotwendig ist.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0962994235, Paperback)

As a result of extensive research into the role of water in the body, the author, a medical doctor, believes that he has found chronic dehydration to be the cause of many conditions including asthma, allergies, arthritis, angina, migraine headaches, hypertension, raised cholesterol, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis, depression, and diabetes in the elderly.

According to Dr. Batmanghelidj, the body possesses many different thirst signals. A dry mouth is not a reliable indicator of your body's water needs. He describes a variety of more reliable ones, and helps you learn to understand when your body is calling for water. In this way, he claims you can prevent, treat, and cure a variety of conditions of ill health, at no cost, with what he calls nature's miracle medicine: Water. The author explains how much water one needs to drink a day to stay healthy, and why tea, coffee, and sodas are not good substitutes for water.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:14 -0400)

Based on his extensive research on water metabolism in the human body, Dr. F. Batmanghelidj reveals his ground breaking discovery that unintentional dehydration is the root cause of many painful degenerative diseases such as asthma, allergies, hypertension, excess body weight, and some emotional problems including depression. This book offers documented proof of the miraculous healing power of water in disease prevention and their cure. This easy-to-read book is your ideal guide to the new art of healing. You will learn how to use water to: -- Prevent and reverse premature aging -- Eliminate pains including heartburn, back pain, arthritis, angina, and migraine headaches -- Cure asthma in a few days, naturally and forever -- Cure hypertension without diuretics or other medication -- Lose weight effortlessly and naturally without strict dieting -- Control your blood pressure naturally and prevent sudden heart attacks.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,244,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible