Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful…

Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms (edition 2010)

by Will Richardson

5262019,198 (4.06)2
Member:COMM503
Title:Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms
Authors:Will Richardson
Info:Corwin (2010), Edition: Third Edition, Paperback, 184 pages
Collections:Thesis

Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms by Will Richardson

English (15)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All (1)  All (1)  Finnish (1)  All (20)
If you're thinking that perhaps a better title might have been "Blogs, Wikis, and Podcasts, Oh My!" this book will be of benefit. While the book can be very beneficial to those already comfortable with social media and tech tools in the classroom, this book is really written for the beginner. Some aspects - like Facebook and Twitter - may not be for you - however if you'd like to explore it, this book will help you figure out best practices. If you don't know what an RSS feed is or how that might assist your students with research, the chapter on RSS feeds will be enlightening. You may find you set up RSS feeds for each area of interest in your personal research agenda.
  CTLLibrary | Apr 8, 2010 |
Clear cut technology for classroom teachers. Technology is not going away, in fact it's becoming more pervasive. It is also evolving at ever increasing speeds. Richardson's book cuts to the chase and helps teachers to understand not only what things are (blogs, RSS feeds, etc) but why you need to understand them and how using them can work in the classroo m. He updates every few years so be sure to look for the most current edition ( )
  woodsathome | Apr 6, 2010 |
Will Richardson is a visionary who blogs about technology and learning regularly and so the third edition of his book is very welcome. He has updated the uses of many many Web 2.0 tools giving many examples of their uses that boost teaching and learning. If I were conducting professional development on various tech tools, I would ask novice folks to read the Richardson chapter on blogs or wikis or whatever was to be covered. That would allow them an introduction to the technology and then the practical hands on workshop could get folks up to speed faster so that the focus could be on using the particular technology in the learning commons and in classrooms. For teacher librarians, Richardson is a good read just to compare what you know with what Richardson is recommending about each technology. As we all know, we know some tools vaguely, others are quite familiar and a there are those few we are expert at. The goal is to know each class of tools well enough so we can use them to their best advantage. Another advantage of Richardson’s book is that we can pidgonhole particular tools in groups with similar characteristics and that helps us all keep track of many individual tools with their unique characteristics. This book is a must read for all teacher librarians and teacher technologists.
  davidloertscher | Mar 27, 2010 |
It says second edition, but that still is not current enough. This is the edge the Internet has over books…immediacy.I learned a few new things…podcasting...annotating Flickr…Technorati…but, overall, I’d have done better to skip the book and seek out info on the net. ( )
  debnance | Jan 29, 2010 |
Looks like a must have to implement technology with students in the 21st century. ( )
  paulaboston | Jul 12, 2009 |

The second edition of Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and other powerful web tools for classrooms shows educators at all levels and disciplines how to tap into the potential of digital tools for creating relevant, interactive learning experiences in the classroom"--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,762,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible