Inchworm by Ann Kelley

Inchworm

by Ann Kelley

Series: Gussie (3)

811,035,133 (3.17)None

I can't say I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't awful but it wasn't all that compelling. The main character was supposed to be twelve but she sounded much younger which was annoying. I also didn't like the endless rambler about butterflies etc., they didn't interest me. Overall, it had some good parts but it didn't hold my attention very well. ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 30, 2013 |

Gussie is a twelve year old girl from St. Ives in Cornwall. She is passionate about learning, wildlife, poetry, literature, and she wants to be a photographer when she grows up. But her dreams were put on hold as she struggled with a serious heart condition. Now she has got what she needed: a heart and lung transplant. But it isn t working out quite the way she thought. Firstly she has to leave her beloved Cornwall to live in London and in the months following her operation she is unable to do very much except read and adopt a stray kitten, but she could do that when she was sick. She craves adventure and experience beyond her four walls, until, that is, she hits upon a plan she is going to get her divorced parents to fall in love again. It s not going to be easy, her mum is still dating her doctor boyfriend and despises Gussie s father, who happens to be living with his new girlfriend the Snow Queen. But Gussie is a determined girl and there is only one thing that could stop her now.

Gussie is a teenage girl from St. Ives in Cornwall. She is passionate about learning, wildlife, poetry, literature, and she wants to be a photographer when she grows up, but her dreams are put on hold when she has to go to hospital to have a heart and lung transplant.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,593,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible