Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
All For Texas: A Story of Texas Liberation
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0769634281, Paperback)Thomas Jefferson Byrd is used to facing new challenges. Although only 13 years old, he has already left homes in South Carolina and Alabama. Now, he finds himself in the wilderness that is the Mexican territory of Texas.
br>Jamestown’s American Portraits explores the growth of different generations and cultures through the lives of young boys and girls. These titles are told from a diverse group of boys and girls, coming from different and unique backgrounds that represent America’s own diverse population, spanning from the Jamestown Settlement to the Civil Rights Movement.
• This Generation of Americans: A Story of the Civil Rights Movement, by Fredrick L. McKissack, Jr.
• The Road to Freedom: A Story of the Reconstruction, by Jabari Asim
• All For Texas: A Story of Texas Liberation, by G. Clifton Wisler
• The Worst of Times: A Story of the Great Depression, by James Lincoln Collier
• Wind on the River: A Story of the Civil War, by Laurie Lawlor
• When I Dream of Heaven: Angelina’s Story, by Steven Kroll (1895 Italian Immigrant in NYC)
• An Eye for an Eye: A Story of the Revolutionary War
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:34 -0400)
After moving from Alabama to Texas in 1836, Jeff Byrd turns fourteen years old while fighting for Texas independence from Mexico and trying to sort out his friends from his enemies after a Hispanic family saves his life when the Mexican Army slaughters its prisoners during the Goliad Massacre.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.