Using HTML 4 by Lee Anne Phillips

by Lee Anne Phillips

BOTTOM-LINE:
Good resource
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Good resource, short on tutorial and long on information.
WHAT I LIKED:
Good for syntax and great appendix sections.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
Not quite as detailed as other books, and not much theory.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow him / her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Jan 9, 2017 |
This book's okay, particularly when I don't want to use the Internet and tag HTML at the same time. I've found free, online HTML resources to be better and easier to use. The writing is too dense and the way the book is put together isn't so well thought out. ( )
  killermuffin | Jul 15, 2006 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0789715627, Paperback)

Lee Anne Phillips proves that you don't have to be a programmer or even technically minded to put together an interesting and professional-looking Web site. All you need is a little taste, some common sense, and a bit of guidance. This book takes users by the hand--even those who haven't purchased their first computer yet.

Her first chapter is elementary, covering everything from selecting a computer to choosing an Internet service provider. Next, she launches into how to create your first Web page, using simple but realistic examples to turn seemingly daunting code into a simple set of instructions for building a basic and attractive Web site. Phillips demystifies the process, showing how to use the simple text editors that come with each computer.

Gradually Phillips moves into more advanced topics, such as images and multimedia, how to control the presentation, how to add interactivity, and more. She summarizes key points and additional tips in quick side notes on the borders of each page.

Using HTML 4 is not an exhaustive exploration of HTML 4, but it highlights the most important and useful features for newbies who want to build a Web site for family, hobbies, or small business. --Elizabeth Lewis

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:02 -0400)

1 avail.1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,760,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible