The Proviso (Tales of Dunham) by Moriah…

The Proviso (Tales of Dunham)

by Moriah Jovan

224476,730 (5)None

Well, I bought this and Stay on a whim yesterday, and have stayed up until almost 4 am to finish reading both.

That should say everything. =)

Looking forward to reading more of the Dunham series. ( )
  GaylaDrummond | Mar 28, 2013 |
I have become a fan of Jovan's work after picking up number 3 in this series, Magdalene, which is still my favorite, but this is probably my second favorite. It sets up all the big names that you will see in the future books. The power couples that you will become very fond of and intimidated by :-)

I love picking up a book by Jovan because I know I will be enthralled for a month since her books are long but never lose their pacing. And her richly described characters never go flat. A must read! ( )
  chickey1981 | Dec 28, 2011 |
It is ironic that one of Ms. Jovan's central characters is constantly informed by his family that "he always does things the hard way." The author does also.

She writes well. Her plotting is excellent as is her character development. But she has clearly picked out the hardest row to hoe.

Jovan has written a Latter Day Genre book that is looking for a genre. It will piss off just about anyone who wants to read the same book over and over again, with only a different title to differentiate each one on the bookshelf.

Readers looking for bodice ripping will find it too churchy. The churchy crowd will be way too upset at the steamy bits. The Ayn Rand freaks will be confused that that this bunch of Objectivists are waxing nostalgic on wanting to rejoin the authoritarian culture that they have run away from.

While the book is steeped in Mormonism, it is about the culture not the creed. It also makes for a wonderful backdrop not unlike the wonderful life-style shift with the Amish setting in Witness.

I am a guy. I don't read romance genre literature. The last book I read was about the massacre in Tiananmen Square. I was introduced to this book through a weird series of events, but I read every word. And I look forward to reading the next in the series.

Well done, Moriah Jovan.
  pbpersinger | Feb 19, 2010 |

A loose re-interpretation of Hamlet.

Erotic novel inspired by the play Hamlet. Knox Hilliard is set to inherit his Mormon family's company on his 40th birthday, provided he has a wife and heir. His uncle has killed his father and married his mother in order to gain control of the large Kansas City business.… (more)

Moriah Jovan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible