Phenomenal Girl 5 by A. J. Menden

Phenomenal Girl 5

by A. J. Menden

Series: Elite Hands of Justice (1), Shomi (11)

An apocalypse prophesy involving the villain The Dragon, magic training with the Reincarnist, and falling in love keep new Elite Hands of Justice member Lainey very busy.

I enjoyed it, the superhero world was fun and drew me in. The consequences and effects of Robert’s reincarnation and the mix of action and romance worked for me. ( )
  icedtea | Jan 19, 2009 |
This is about our world as it would be with superheroes present, and yet it feels very real rather than comic-booky. (Not that comic books are bad. But these characters feel like they could be your neighbors rather than the over-the-top personalities that often show up in comics.)

There is magic, there is romance, there is mystery and there are cool cars. What more could you want?

I had intended to read this book slowly, but then I stayed up until 3:30am to finish. So… yeah. Definitely a page-turner.

And I spent the whole time cheering for the heroes. It might have helped that I knew the author, and so knew who would be starring in future books, so I didn’t worry too much about certain characters’ possibility of getting killed ( :) ) but still. There are plenty of tense/mystery/potential betrayal scenes to keep you on the edge of your seat as you read. Very, very nice book. I would call it a “great debut novel,” except it would be a great novel even without it being A.J. Menden’s debut. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | Dec 10, 2008 |

A. J. Mendenprimary authorall editionscalculated
York, JudyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,564,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible