The Cloudchasers by Steven Hunt

The Cloudchasers (2008)

by Steven Hunt

This book falls under the category of Wonder/Fantasy. In this book 4 Children escape a city with laws against imagination. They set out on a brilliant adventure that is full of imagination and colour. Throughout the whle book there is a brilliant illustration. The illustrations are related to the ext on the page.

In every book there is always a part we don not like. In this book i disliked the ending. It seems as if the Authors just ran out of ideas and decided to give the book a sudden ending.

A good place to read this book would be in bed just before drifting off to sleep because i believe that it will kick start your imagination which will give you more adventurous dreams.

If i had to choose a soundtrack for this book it would definitely be I believe I can fly by Ronan Keating. I choose this track because in the book it shows children soaring high above the clouds into the sky.

If this book was changed into a film an actor that would have to bee included would be lindsay lohan as Alice the child with the bright imagination.

The front cover of the book depicts children flying high above the clouds in a hot air balloon. This relevant to the text inside the book.

I recommend this book for children between the ages of 8 - 12

I rate this book 4 1/2 out of 5 ( )
  pmhlearningcentre | Jun 17, 2009 |

Alice's mind raced. The true horror of the Banker's crime struck her with brutal force: he had STOLEN everyone's imagination! Stolen it, so they'd be easier to control and enslave. She thought of her mother and her poor, broken father-even Thomas?Suddenly, everything was clear. In the grey streets of Bankertown, where children are threatened with the horror of the Institute, a young girl called Alice dares to rebel. Pursued by the vermin-infested catcher, Alice, her friend Spinner and the unwilling Thomas, escape beyond the clouds in a hot air balloon. Guided by a cloud map, Alice is determined to restore imagination and freedom to Bankertown. But the terrifying Catcher is on her trail and he has everything to lose if he doesn't find Alice.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,396,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible