Breakfast at Tiffany's. (…

Breakfast at Tiffany's. ( Fremdsprachentexte). (Lernmaterialien) (original 1958; edition 1995)

by Truman Capote, Herbert Geisen

1,970485,446 (3.75)1 / 177
Contains: Breakfast at Tiffany's House of Flowers A Diamond Guitar A Christmas Memory
Member:timoheuer
Title:Breakfast at Tiffany's. ( Fremdsprachentexte). (Lernmaterialien)
Authors:Truman Capote
Other authors:Herbert Geisen
Info:Reclam, Ditzingen (1995), Paperback, 155 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:high society, party, amerikanische literatur, lang:en, englischsprachige literatur

Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote (1958)

English (31)  Spanish (6)  Italian (4)  French (2)  Norwegian (1)  German (1)  Danish (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (47)
Per me in Holly Golightly c'è molto Truman...E' un libro veloce, 130 pagine, una storia un po' gossippara ma che cela sofferenza...Tutta la sofferenza di Truman Capote...
  GianninaAlchemilla | Jan 5, 2020 |
Dans ce célèbre roman adapté au cinéma avec Audrey Hepburn, Truman Capote mêle humour et désespoir avec une sensibilité rare.
  ACParakou | Nov 28, 2019 |
The stories in this volume are:
Breakfast at Tiffany's, House of Flowers, A Diamond Guitar & A Christmas Memory. All are great and if they have any sort of theme it is of loss. Perhaps less true of House of Flowers.
While the first is most famous I found the last to be the best. A Christmas Memory is a truly famtastic piece of work.
Overall:Perhaps a little dated, but well worth your attention.
  PhilOnTheHill | Sep 8, 2019 |
Truman Capote writes very well - crisp and smooth. He brings Holly Golightly to life. Holly isn't what you'd call a morally upright lady. She abandons her old husband and pursues fun and love. But ultimately she is just looking for a place to belong to, and a way to deal with the 'mean reds' when they hit, like going to Tiffany's. Besides Breakfast at Tiffany's, this version has three other stories. Breakfast at Tiffany's is good of course, and A Christmas Memory is surprisingly good too, but the other two is a bit blah (not too sure what their point is). ( )
  siok | Jul 28, 2019 |
I read this because it's on the 1001 books to read before you die list and it was available to read on my kindle from the library. I love the movie, and I was sort of hesitant to read the novella. I should have gone with my gut. The book is great, but just watch the movie and call it a day. Audrey Hepburn is the best. ( )
  japaul22 | Jul 7, 2019 |

Murillo, EnriqueTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peterson, MarieForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zerning, HeidiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jack Dunphy
I am always drawn back to places where I have lived, the houses and their neighborhoods.
This entry should contain copies containing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" ONLY - please beware that there are very common editions containing this short novel as well as three stories (which is often not noted on the cover!)! Thanks!

The story follows a young writer and his memory of an eccentric, charming call girl named Holly Golightly in Manhattan's Upper East Side.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,625,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible