Cut: The true story of an abandoned, abused…

Cut: The true story of an abandoned, abused little girl who was desperate…

by Cathy Glass

Fostering is no easy task. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
I really enjoyed reading this- if ''enjoyed'' is the right word to use given the themes handled in the book. I'll admit, I was annoyed by a lot of things which Cathy thought, which is more than likely just due to being able to relate a lot to Dawn. It was an extremely gripping book, and I found the characters easy to like. ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 30, 2013 |
I wish Cathy Glass had never written a book about fostering children. Not because of her writing ability-I enjoy her books immensely. I wish there was never a need for her to be a foster parent, that all children lived happy lives with loving parents. Unfortunately, there are many children that need people like Cathy to care for them and show them love.

Once again, Cathy Glass has written a book that I can't put down. Her writing leaves me feeling like I have shared her experiences. In this book, Cathy tells the story her first foster child, a young girl who cuts herself. Although Cathy and her husband try, they just can't seem to help Dawn. But as worried as they are about Dawn, they are even more concerned that she may harm their baby when she begins to sleepwalk. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Mar 2, 2013 |
I could not put this book down .From begining to end it keep you deep in the pages.The characters are so real and moving it makes you feel, as though you are there along with them as the story progresses.The child abuse Dawn suffers at the hands of many including herself is horrifing.In the story you are left wanting more and the mail details are giving near the end to keep you captivating to the very last page.The foster parents in this book work so hard to understand a troubled teen that is dropped off in their care that they can bearly understand or cope with as they are their experience with children they have fostered so far as they have only had one child of their own they are very inexperienced parents as a team.They do grow and learn and work closley together and become a valuable foster parent caregivers.I would highly recommend this book and will reread it in the future. ( )
  EffixiousSundown | Feb 12, 2013 |

In her latest paperback, the no.1 bestselling author of Damaged tells the story of the Dawn, a sweet and seemingly well-balanced girl whose outward appearance masks a traumatic childhood of suffering at the hands of the very people who should have cared for her.

Dawn was the first girl Cathy Glass ever fostered. Sweet and seemingly well balanced girl, Dawn’s outward appearance masked a traumatic childhood so awful, that even she could not remember it.

During the first night, Cathy awoke to see Dawn looming above Cathy’s baby’s cot, her eyes staring and blank. She sleepwalks – which Cathy learns is often a manifestation in disturbed children. It becomes a regular and frightening occurrence, and Cathy is horrified to find Dawn lighting a match whilst mumbling it’s not my fault in her sleep one night.

Cathy discovers Dawn is playing truant from school, and struggling to make friends. More worryingly she finds her room empty one night, and her pillow covered in blood. Dawn has been self-harming in order to release the pain of her past.

When Dawn attempts suicide, Cathy realises that she needs more help than she can give. Dawn’s mother eventually confides in her that Dawn was sent away to live with relatives in Ireland between the ages of 5 and 9, and Cathy soon realises that the horrors Dawn was exposed to during this time have left her a very disturbed little girl.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:15 -0400)

Story of Dawn, a sweet and seemingly well-balanced girl whose outward appearance masks a traumatic childhood of suffering at the hands of the very people who should have cared for her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,644,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible