A Touch of His Power by Charles F. Stanley

A Touch of His Power

by Charles F. Stanley

131723,089 (4)None

I won't comment on this book, but maybe another book of his called "Winning the War Within" may give you an idea of Mr. Stanley's theological perspective. What follows is that review on this other book.

Being a one-naturist, via Dr. Solomon, Dr. Stanley resorts to an impersonal kingdom concept in dealing with temptation and sin:

All our struggles are spiritual in nature. Each one is a part of an ongoing struggle between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan. Every temptation is a small part of a universal struggle between the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of the living God (p. 32).

Having eradicated the old Adamic man, Dr. Stanley ignores the sinful element within and proceeds to verbally battle Satan:

Get the habit [!] of quoting verses audibly when you are tempted. I do not believe Satan and his host can read our minds. When you speak the truth out loud, you are reminded that you are not your enemy. And He that is within you is not your enemy. Your enemy is the devil (p. 142).

When we fall we then should pray, "Lord, humble my spirit before You. Purify my sinful heart." David wanted God to completely cleanse his heart and restore him (p. 186).
  faithfilly | Jan 28, 2016 |

In 31 devotions, Stanley illuminates the eternal qualities of God’s power through words and photographs.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,418,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible