The Tale of Despereaux Movie Tie-In Junior…

The Tale of Despereaux Movie Tie-In Junior Novelization

by Jamie Michalak

I am sad to say that I saw the movie before I read the book but luckily it followed the story very well. It is inspiring and encouraging to it's readers without even really trying to be. The main character, Despereaux is trying to overcome his mouse status. He lives inside a castle and is not afraid the humans that live their. ( )
  emills4 | Nov 21, 2013 |
i think it is a great book but when he gets banished he goes to the rat filled dungeon. I think it is a great book ( )
  J.brittain1 | Dec 16, 2010 |
The junior novelization has been simplified so that kids can have an easier time reading it. It is still a great story that involves friendship, courage, bravery, family, loyalty, love and adventure! If you are a child, then you will love it! If you are an adult, I recommend reading her original version. I found that this one was perfect for my third grade students but too easy simplified for my interest. ( )
  sunnyburke | Apr 9, 2010 |
Nathan Lookwhy- This is a very funny book. Recomended to EVERYONE. ( )
  dreamerenglish2 | Sep 9, 2009 |
I read this at the request of my 7-year-old after she finished it—how can one pass on that request? :-)

It's an extremely short read but, unfortunately, it has been simplified far too much to be enjoyable to an adult. Perhaps, after some time passes, I'll pick up DiCamillo's original Newbery book and give it a try. ( )
  TadAD | Jun 14, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076364076X, Paperback)

This lively junior novelization of the film The Tale of Despereaux tells the story of several unlikely heroes: Despereaux, a brave mouse banished to the dungeon for speaking with a human; Roscuro, a good-hearted rat who loves light and soup, but is exiled to darkness; Pea, a Princess in a gloomy castle who is prisoner to her father's grief; and Mig, a servant girl who longs to be a Princess, but is forced to serve the jailer. An eight-page full-color insert of stills from the movie is included.

Kate DiCamillo's literary classic about Despereaux Tilling has enchanted children and adults around the globe. In this tale of bravery, forgiveness and redemption, one small creature teaches a kingdom that it takes only a little light to show the truth: What you look like doesn't equal what you are. Published in 23 languages, with more than 2 million copies in print, a New York Times #1 bestseller and winner of the Newbery Medal, The Tale of Despereaux is now animated adventure from Universal Pictures.

THE TALE OF DESPEREAUX is a trademark and copyright of Universal Studios. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. All Rights Reserved.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:50 -0400)

Kate DiCamillo's literary classic about Despereaux Tilling - a mouse in love with music, stories and a princess named Pea - has enchanted readers around the globe. It has published in twenty-three languages, with more than two million copies sold. Now a major motion picture, the animated feature film from Universal Pictures stars an outstanding cast of voices: Matthew Broderick (Despereaux); Robbie Coltrane (Gregory); Dustin Hoffman (Roscuro); Emma Watson (Princess Pea) and Sigourney Weaver (Narrator). This novelization is based entirely on the screenplay and will feature an eight-page full-colour insert of stills from the film.… (more)

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,042 books! | Top bar: Always visible