A Love to Last Forever (The Brides of…

A Love to Last Forever (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 2) (edition 2009)

by Tracie Peterson

Member:audreyabreu
Title:A Love to Last Forever (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 2)
Authors:Tracie Peterson
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2009), Paperback, 464 pages

A Love to Last Forever by Tracie Peterson

Beth Gallatin has always dreamed of having a husband, children and living in her town for the rest of her life. Because she moved from place to place growing up she wanted to claim the rugged Montana town of Gallatin home. She is an avid lover of reading dime story romance novels and so she thinks she knows what love should look like and how the hero should act. Nick Lassiter, who has loved Beth since she moved to town, does not exactly fit the picture Beth has painted in her mind. Then when Nick starts to win her heart and unexpected arrival from Nick's past threatens the love that is growing between the two of them. Is their love strong enough to "last forever".

This was book two in this series and I enjoyed getting to know Beth even better in this story. You could read this as a stand alone, but you will miss out on a lot by not starting with book one, "A Promise to Believe In". The three sisters in this series may seem to have their lives put together and are handling things as they come, but each sister is dealing with issues from their past and must come to grip with false notions that are affecting the way they view themselves and others. There is a lot going on in the whole family as you read this story, but it mainly focuses in on Beth, the middle sister. It gives a enlightening insight to the tough and rugged times of growing a town in Montana in the late 1800s. I am looking forward to the next story in this series. ( )
  judyg54 | May 12, 2013 |
Bethany or Beth, rather, is definitely the romantic one of the Gallatin sisters. In book #2 of the series we get to hear her story. As a reader, on could easily understand and appreciate this novel without having read the first book. Yet, the first book is Gwen, the eldest sister's story, and understanding her is easier if you know her background more fully. The only qualm I have with this book is the way that it ended, I have many unanswered questions and feel quite left in my pondering. It is not necessarily bad, and it definitely makes me even more so eager for the third book, where I am sure we will hear Lacy's story, but I do despise be left to wonder. Beth is full about romance and all she wants is her own. Then with the confusion of Mr. Adrian Murphy of the railroad company and neighbor Nicholas Lassiter, she is unsure of what she really wants. Through out the story she dives into her dime romance novels seeking answers. She even finds her way into more novels than in time for reading the Bible and that was a part of her with some guilt that I could easily relate to. This story is definitely not lacking on romance, for Beth as well as for other characters as well. There are pregnancies with babies and losses. There are crimes with passion and purpose. People are coming in and moving out and with each page you never know what to expect next. The world of the Gallatin County Gallatin sisters is changing rapidly and as a reader you will absolutely thirst for what is next. After reading this book, if you missed the first, you'll definitely want to go back as well as look for the third to come later this year (2009). ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
More of the Gallatin sisters, primarily focusing on the middle sister Beth this time. Slow at first, but I couldn't put it down at the end. ( )
  eliorajoy | Aug 21, 2009 |
To my grandchildren
Rainy, Fox, and Max

You have given me great
joy and love. You are a blessing
beyond compare.

Love,
Nanna
Lady Effingham offered Lord Wodehouse a coy smile, Beth Gallatin read in the privacy of her room.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764201492, Paperback)

All Beth Gallatin has really wanted out of life is to settle down in one town, with one man, and raise a family. But with her father's roaming ways, she's always been denied that dream; instead, she found solace in reading romantic books. With her father's passing, she can, for the first time, dare to claim the rugged Montana frontier as her home.

Nick Lassiter has loved Beth since she first came to town, but she's always seemed to think of him more as a brother. Just when he finally gets Beth to consider him, however, a challenger threatens the affection growing between them. But neither Nick nor Beth is prepared when they must face the consequences of Nick's complicated past.

As a past fraught with unwise choices and guilt invades their world, can Nick and Beth find a love that will last forever?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:13 -0400)

Nick Lassiter has loved Beth since she first came to their rugged Montana town, but she's always seemed to think of him more as a brother. Just when he finally gets Beth to consider him, however, a challenger threatens the affection growing between them. But neither Nick nor Beth is prepared when they must face the consequences of Nick's complicated past.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,622,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible