Aidan & Ethan by Cameron Dane

Aidan & Ethan (2008)

by Cameron Dane

Four & a half stars--Oh Cameron Dane, can you write no wrong? I really liked this story. It's an emotional roller-coaster, future readers be warned but definitely worth the price of admission. Two firefighters in love? Can it get no better? Two ex-best friends who were also first loves reunite after thirteen years with some angst, heartache and love.

Aidan and Ethan were still possessive over each other even with years apart. Their love was the key focal point and I felt the author made it come across through her words. I enjoyed their bickering, fights and make up sessions.

SPOILERISH:

They both were virgins and waited for each other throughout the years. I liked that aspect of the story and felt it made it unique.

But when they had sex for the first time - no stretching - ouch.

I recommend for lovers of M/M Romance definitely. ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
From Liquid Silver Books.

This was an interesting read, kinda angsty and with much drama. The writing style was engaging and the return to young love premise is one that I enjoy. There were also many manly firefighters. Noice! It is set in a small town and there is just something about this that really appeals to me. I love that feeling of community it engenders and that there is the possibility of more books in the series as you get glimpses of other characters lives.

I enjoyed the read but got about two thirds the way through and it was like the author got a bit lost. The sex scenes were hot but peppered with very anatomically correct words that totally yoinked me out of the moment. Not sure I want to read something that sounds like it was written by my Year 11 science teacher. The plot meandered a little at this point and flowed less seamlessly than it had earlier in the book. Also, certain facets of one character meant I found it pretty difficult to suspend my disbelief, with regards his lack of experience. It gets back on track though and despite some of the problems I had, the book on the whole was a not a bad wee read. Certainly an author to keep an eye on! The cover is also VERY pretty and created by the tremendously clever Anne Cain. Definitely got my attention!
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
Oh yeah, Cameron Dane is a new favorite for sure. Can't wait to see what else she has out there. Love her books so far. ( )
  breena31 | May 24, 2013 |
Just finished rereading this and loved it even more the second time. Cameron Dane can do no wrong in my eyes! Now I am longing for Wyn and Maddie's story.... ( )
  gigi9988776 | Apr 9, 2013 |
  gigi9988776 | Apr 9, 2013 |
Ethan threw himself down on the bank of the creek and
looked up through the trees at a sky so blue it hurt his eyes
to see it.

Redemption, Maine. Never had the name of a town been more apt or mocked a person more.

Aidan Morgan made many mistakes in his young life, but moving to Redemption gave him a chance to wash away his poor choices and repair his relationship with his siblings.

Ethan Ashworth had the blond good looks of a hometown football star, but the picture didn’t match the heart and mind of the young man living inside.

The new kid in town with a history of getting into trouble and an unlikely geek don't often make a match, but a unique friendship forms. With one searing kiss on graduation day, promises of a future are made. One day later Aidan is gone, and Ethan’s heart is left broken.

Redemption, Maine. Never had the name of a town been more apt or mocked a person more … twice.

Thirteen years ago Aidan disappeared in the dead of night, but he is home now. Aidan has come home to take the job of chief of the fire department and to reconnect with his brother and sister. He wants Ethan back too. Unable to forget their kiss, Aidan wants to explain why he went away, and he wants a second chance to win Ethan’s heart.

Too bad for Aidan, Ethan isn’t so quick to forgive and forget. He dealt with a life-changing crisis after Aidan went away. His hurt and anger at how Aidan left him alone has resurfaced, bringing the controlled man back to life. Ethan will listen to Aidan’s reasons for leaving when he’s damn good and ready … and not a minute before.

Redemption, Maine. A place for second chances. Will the town--and Ethan Ashworth--give Aidan Morgan another shot to get it right?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible