Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Essential Study Bible
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0399153888, Hardcover)You've read the Bible, but do you really understand it?
You want to know more, but are you intimidated by the hundreds of study Bibles on the shelf?
What are the key concepts and ideas you need to experience the Bible fully?
Where would you even start looking?
Featuring the full text of the Contemporary English Version of the Bible-the most reliable, readable, and relevant translation on the market today-The Essential Study Bible includes:
- sixteen color maps
- color charts and time lines
- special overviews, outlines, and introductions
- two easy-to-understand categories of notes that explain the key geographical, historical, and cultural references and the most important theological concepts in the Bible
- Web references for further research-not available in any other study Bible
- pull-out quotes for memorization
Provided and edited by the American Bible Society-the marquee name in Bible scholarship in America-the supplementary information is organized in a clear, user-friendly fashion. No other study Bible on the market is as chock-full of information and, at the same time, as easy to understand.
Accessible, informative, but not overwhelming, The Essential Study Bible will allow you, for the first time, to fully experience the Bible.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:22 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.