Why Don't Your Eyelashes Grow? by Beth Ann…

Why Don't Your Eyelashes Grow? (2008)

by Beth Ann Ditkoff

A fun book to read - most Q & As are given a page each, and every question is indexed at the front, so if you need to know why we hiccup, or why pee is yellow or poo is brown, or any other specific subject, you can go straight to that page.

mont1ms | Apr 4, 2013 |
This is a collection of questions and answers geared towards parents answering their children's queries about their bodies. No, it's not about puberty. It's about all the other little stuff: why do we have boogers, what are moles, etc. I knew most of the answers already, though I recognized several misconceptions I held as a child. I can see this being a useful book to have in the house. Unfortunately, I am a touch leery about the credibility of the information. Yes, the author is a doctor, but there is no bibliography or even recommended further reading. That always puts up a red flag for me when reading nonfiction. ( )
  melydia | Oct 28, 2009 |
As a kid, I would have really liked this book. But that was 15 years ago.

It's written in more technical language than I like for younger children, and doesn't really go in-depth enough to suit older children. Not much here that I couldn't find in a good Google search, though it may be useful for those kids who want more information but aren't allowed unfettered internet access yet. ( )
  conuly | Apr 4, 2009 |
For Charlie
"The thighbone's connected to the knee bone. The knee bone's connected to the shinbone..." We've all sung that song and we all know the basic anatomy of the human body.

Shares scientifically valid and comprehensive answers to common medical questions posed by children, from why toenails grow more slowly than fingernails and what warts are to whether or not pop rocks and soda will cause a person's stomach to explode. Original.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,982,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible