The River Killings: A Zoe Hayes Mystery (Zoe…

The River Killings: A Zoe Hayes Mystery (Zoe Hayes Mysteries)

by Merry Jones

Zoe Hayes is on vacation from her job as an art therapist. She is in training for a rowing regatta with her friend Susan. They decide to take a night row on the Schuykill River when they flip their boat and discover 19 dead bodies. Zoe's boyfriend is a police officer investigating the deaths. Zoe doesn't do much investigating herself. She mostly keeps getting into dangerous situations and worrying about everything. Really I think by the fourth night in a row that she had to call 911 that the police would begin to be suspicious of her. I'm not in a hurry to read any more books in this series. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 24, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book, until I got to the end--I didn't like the way the book concluded. It kept me in suspense, but it wasn't very realistic....I only picked it up for a reading challenge, and I'm glad I read something of a different genre, but I didn't love it. ( )
  shazam79 | Jul 16, 2010 |
Main character, Zoe, and her friend are practicing their skulling skills late at night when their skull is overturned and they are in the water with a lot of floating dead bodies. Main character is oblivious to the danger that surrounds her. ( )
  Kathy89 | Jul 30, 2007 |
wildly improbable acts by this amateur detective-she frequently endangers both herself and her child; boyfriend is a police officer ( )
  jrepman | Mar 29, 2007 |

Continuing the page-turning suspense of The Nanny Murders, Merry Jones's sequel, The River Killings, weaves a taut, fast-paced tale in the estimable tradition of Mary Higgins Clark. Heroine Zoe Hayes, a divorced art therapist with a six-year-old adopted daughter, returns with another gripping tale set in Philadelphia, this time taking place on the famous Boathouse Row.

On summer vacation from her job as an art therapist, Zoe takes a sculling class for fun with her best friend, Susan Cummings. One evening, while her daughter, Molly, waits with Susan's children at the boathouse on the banks of the Schuylkill River, Zoe rows off with Susan to practice for an upcoming regatta. When Susan's oar catches on some flotsam (which turns out to be a woman's dress), the boat flips, and the two find themselves in deep waters with not just one but an entire throng of floating bodies.

Someone along Boathouse Row is a murderer, but who? After Zoe argues with Detective Nick Stiles, her boyfriend, she and Molly head out to the river at night. There, Zoe uncovers a sinister plot that she and Molly might not be able to escape.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:22 -0400)

On vacation from her are therapy job, Zoe Hayes takes a sculling class with her best friend, Susan. When their boat capsises, Zoe and Susan find themselves flailling about amongst a mysterious throng of floating corpses.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,747,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible