Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
"Please, Oh Please Can We Get A Dog": Parents' Guide to Dog Ownership
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764572970, Paperback)
That's one of the most dreaded questions children ask. This book helps you give the right answer--even if that answer is "no." It reminds you that getting a dog is making a commitment, and that an adorable, little puppy can turn into a boisterous, big dog. It helps you take a realistic look at your family situation and the challenges and rewards of dog ownership so you can objectively answer questions such as:
* Is your lifestyle suitable for a family dog?
* What is involved with responsible dog ownership, and how much will it cost?
* How much can you reasonably count on the kids to help once the newness of owning a dog has worn off?
* What breed or mix will best fit your family?
* How do you find the right dog?
* How do you train the dog?
If you decide to take the plunge and get a Chihuahua, Rottweiler, Poodle, Golden Retriever, Dachshund, or mixed breed, "Please, Oh Please Can We Get a Dog?" helps you get off to a good start so you and your kids can experience the joys of dog ownership for years to come.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:00 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.