The Soft Machine (1961)

by William S. Burroughs

Series: The Nova Trilogy (book 1)

In Naked Lunch, William S. Burroughs revealed his genius. In The Soft Machine he begins an adventure that will take us even further into the dark recesses of his imagination, a region where nothing is sacred, nothing taboo. Continuing his ferocious verbal assault on hatred, hype, poverty, war, bureaucracy, and addiction in all its forms, Burroughs gives us a surreal space odyssey through the wounded galaxies in a book only he could create.… (more)

Morally and ethically disgusting and reprehensible, but an interesting text. ( )
  DanielSTJ | Nov 8, 2020 |
Randomness personified. ( )
  encephalical | Dec 17, 2017 |
Not an easy read, but worth persevering if you can take it! ( )
  NaggedMan | Aug 22, 2016 |
Hard work. ( )
  ColinThompson | Oct 18, 2015 |
Lo leì a los catorce y no entendì un carajo .
Tendrè que leerlo nuevamente .
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |

William S. Burroughsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Behrens, PeterTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, OliverEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I was working the hole with the Sailor and we did not bad fifteen cents on average night boosting the afternoons and short timing the dawn we made out from the land of the free but I was running out of veins . . .

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,650,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible