Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry

Anastasia Krupnik (1979)

by Lois Lowry

Becoming Naomi Leon by Pam Munoz Ryan (atreic)
    atreic: Both these books are engaging, page turning stories with a pre-teen heroine discovering herself and how to deal with the challenges life throws at them. Both have a warm sense of humour and a light touch. And both the heroines love making lists! Becoming Naomi Leon deals with slightly darker themes than Anastasia, but I think if Naomi met Anastasia they would be firm friends.… (more)

The not very purposeful diary like experience of the delightful A. Krupnik. Fun and funny and cool. ( )
  Evalangui | Aug 22, 2014 |
Anastasia hates her name, her teacher, her freckles, liver, her parents, and boys. Originally published in 1979, Anastasia is a typical average 10 year old girl learning what it means to grow up. I truly loved this book! ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
Loved this series! I wanted to be her (and Ramona Quimby).
  Chrisbookarama | Sep 23, 2013 |
I never read these books as a kid - not sure why, just didn't get around to them. It's interesting reading about what life would be like for a pre-teen in the time that I was a baby. I read this book while on a plane, and it was distracting enough. A bit dated, sure, but still pretty interesting. Definitely shows all the back and forth that goes through a kid's mind. ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
Very much fun. It lived up to all my hopes for a younger children's book from Lois Lowry. The development of the "things I love" and "things I hate" lists as things would move between the lists with the progression of the story was interesting to watch and brought smiles. I loved her poem. ( )
  Yona | May 2, 2013 |
Anastasia Krupnik was ten.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440408520, Paperback)

Ages 8-12. The first and best book in the very popular series describes the ups and downs of a precocious ten-year-old girl. Anastasia loves keeping lists of important information in her green notebook; when she discovers that her mother is pregnant, she instantly adds two new items to her "things I hate" list: "My parents" and "babies." But as the year passes, Anastasia finds that the items on her lists keep moving around; by the time her baby brother is born, the only thing left to hate is liver. An unusually warm, insightful and original portrait of childhood and family life, this is a special and memorable story. Horn Book called Anastasia "an amusing and engaging heroine" and The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books wrote, "the whole book is a delight."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:55:20 -0400)

Anastasia's tenth year has some good things like falling in love and really getting to know her grandmother and some bad things like finding out about an impending baby brother.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,363,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible