Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry

Anastasia Krupnik (original 1979; edition 1984)

by Lois Lowry

Title:Anastasia Krupnik
Authors:Lois Lowry
Info:Yearling (1984), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 144 pages
Tags:funny, humor, growing up

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry (1979)

Recently added bybeckyface, Astroh2, jenfarley2001, private library, mrbrett, ART443
    Becoming Naomi Leon by Pam Muñoz Ryan (atreic)
    atreic: Both these books are engaging, page turning stories with a pre-teen heroine discovering herself and how to deal with the challenges life throws at them. Both have a warm sense of humour and a light touch. And both the heroines love making lists! Becoming Naomi Leon deals with slightly darker themes than Anastasia, but I think if Naomi met Anastasia they would be firm friends.… (more)

Anastasia is an adorable, likeable, relatable character. She reminds me too much of myself at 10. I adore her outlook on her life, her parents, school, and friends. And her little green notebook, where she writes things she hates and things she loves - and how those things often change columns - is marvelous. As for her adjusting to a new sibling - Lowry wrote that well. And when Anastasia learned to deal with growing old and dying, Lowry allows us to learn alongside her. I recommend this for any middle-school child, in particular those dealing with new siblings or death of family members, but also, for anyone like me, who just enjoys escaping the adult life for a time. ( )
  empress8411 | Aug 10, 2015 |
This is a chapter book that is realistic fiction. It tells the story of a young girl named Anastasia as she navigates being ten years old. She writes poetry, falls in and out of love, makes lists, and finds out what having a younger brother would be like.
  ecarlson2014 | Apr 11, 2015 |
The not very purposeful diary like experience of the delightful A. Krupnik. Fun and funny and cool. ( )
  Evalangui | Aug 22, 2014 |
Anastasia hates her name, her teacher, her freckles, liver, her parents, and boys. Originally published in 1979, Anastasia is a typical average 10 year old girl learning what it means to grow up. I truly loved this book! ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
Loved this series! I wanted to be her (and Ramona Quimby).
  Chrisbookarama | Sep 23, 2013 |
Anastasia Krupnik was ten.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440408520, Paperback)

Ages 8-12. The first and best book in the very popular series describes the ups and downs of a precocious ten-year-old girl. Anastasia loves keeping lists of important information in her green notebook; when she discovers that her mother is pregnant, she instantly adds two new items to her "things I hate" list: "My parents" and "babies." But as the year passes, Anastasia finds that the items on her lists keep moving around; by the time her baby brother is born, the only thing left to hate is liver. An unusually warm, insightful and original portrait of childhood and family life, this is a special and memorable story. Horn Book called Anastasia "an amusing and engaging heroine" and The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books wrote, "the whole book is a delight."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:17 -0400)

Anastasia's tenth year has some good things like falling in love and really getting to know her grandmother and some bad things like finding out about an impending baby brother.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,855,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible