Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry

Anastasia Krupnik (original 1979; edition 1984)

by Lois Lowry

Member:Ellakb1
Title:Anastasia Krupnik
Authors:Lois Lowry
Info:Yearling (1984), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 144 pages
Tags:funny, humor, growing up

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry (1979)

Becoming Naomi León by Pam Muñoz Ryan (atreic)
    atreic: Both these books are engaging, page turning stories with a pre-teen heroine discovering herself and how to deal with the challenges life throws at them. Both have a warm sense of humour and a light touch. And both the heroines love making lists! Becoming Naomi Leon deals with slightly darker themes than Anastasia, but I think if Naomi met Anastasia they would be firm friends.… (more)

The not very purposeful diary like experience of the delightful A. Krupnik. Fun and funny and cool. ( )
  askajnaiman | Jun 14, 2016 |
Anastasia Krupnik is a 10 year old girl about to start a new year of school. She doesn't know what lies ahead. Things all start downhill when her parents announce they are going to have a baby. they didn't even tell her they were planning on it or ask her opinion. There is also a guy named Washington who she likes, but he is not that nice to her. She does realize there are some positive things going on in her life and also with the new situation with the baby. In the end, she learns that life is not going to be perfect but will have ups and downs. IF you try to focus on the postiive side of things, life might see better than if you focused on the negative.

The reason why I like this book is because even though the main character is a 10 year old, I can still relate to it just because it is about her growing up which we all go through. I also like this book because most of the characters were in depth and the author went into lots of detail about them. THe only thing I did not like about this book was how the author stereotyped black people, such as when she introduced the character Washington.
In conclusion, I think people of all ages can relate to this book and the lessons the main character learns can apply to everyone. ( )
  JackiF.B4 | Mar 30, 2016 |
This was one of my favorites when I was about 10. Wished I had known that she went on to write more Anastasia books. ( )
  AmieB7 | Jan 21, 2016 |
Love the whole series ( )
  ewillse | Jan 18, 2016 |
Anastasia is an adorable, likeable, relatable character. She reminds me too much of myself at 10. I adore her outlook on her life, her parents, school, and friends. And her little green notebook, where she writes things she hates and things she loves - and how those things often change columns - is marvelous. As for her adjusting to a new sibling - Lowry wrote that well. And when Anastasia learned to deal with growing old and dying, Lowry allows us to learn alongside her. I recommend this for any middle-school child, in particular those dealing with new siblings or death of family members, but also, for anyone like me, who just enjoys escaping the adult life for a time. ( )
  empress8411 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Anastasia Krupnik was ten.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440408520, Paperback)

Ages 8-12. The first and best book in the very popular series describes the ups and downs of a precocious ten-year-old girl. Anastasia loves keeping lists of important information in her green notebook; when she discovers that her mother is pregnant, she instantly adds two new items to her "things I hate" list: "My parents" and "babies." But as the year passes, Anastasia finds that the items on her lists keep moving around; by the time her baby brother is born, the only thing left to hate is liver. An unusually warm, insightful and original portrait of childhood and family life, this is a special and memorable story. Horn Book called Anastasia "an amusing and engaging heroine" and The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books wrote, "the whole book is a delight."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:17 -0400)

Anastasia's tenth year has some good things like falling in love and really getting to know her grandmother and some bad things like finding out about an impending baby brother.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,390,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible