Both Sides of Time and Out of Time by…

Both Sides of Time and Out of Time (1995)

by Caroline B. Cooney

So good! It kept my attention ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
[b:Out of Time|259997|Out of Time (Time Travelers, #2)|Caroline B. Cooney|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1173219165s/259997.jpg|874740], the second half of this volume, was a better read for me than [b:Both Sides of Time|260014|Both Sides of Time (Time Travelers, #1)|Caroline B. Cooney|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1173219197s/260014.jpg|874730] (book one contained here) so keep turning the pages -Annie gets less repetitive, Sean disappears into the background, and the second book is action packed compared to the first, with a very tidy/Shakespearean conclusion. ( )
  nkmunn | Nov 12, 2010 |
Anna Sophia Lockwood, otherwise known as Annie Lockwood, can travel through time. She travels back a whole century, looking for true love in America. Annie found it, but it is forbidden. Hiram Stratton, Junior, otherwise known as Strat, the heir to the Stratton fortune, and Annie, has fallen in love. Will these 2 people from 2 different centuries be allowed to be together?

This book is based in the United States of America. Annie is from the 1990s. Strat is from the 1890s. The buildings and land are used for different purposes in these 2 centuries. In 1890s, there were elm trees, but in the 1990s, the elm trees have all died, and replaced by maple trees. Will they be allowed to collide, while they come from totally different inventions in time?

In my opinion, The Time Travelers is one of the really good books, but not yet the best. I am still searching for the best book. This book reminds me of a book I've read before but I forgot the title. Let's call it, The Other Book. Now, The Other Book was also about time traveling, except it is a guy who does the time traveling. Both Annie and the guy time traveled to find true love.

I would recommend this book to readers 13 to 20, because this is young people romance, and partly sci-fi for the time traveling.

I think this book is mainly about love, because Annie time traveled a whole century back just for true love, and she found it, but ruined another, in both centuries.

Info about the Author
Caroline B. Cooney was born on May 10, 1947, She is also the author of excellent suspense, and romance books. ( )
  armysandy | Nov 10, 2010 |
Though this book was written for teens, I enjoyed it. I tried another book by this author a while back and did not finish it, but this one was much more interesting to me. This was probably due to the fact that I enjoy time travel stories. I would have liked it better if it told a little more about what happened at the end, but otherwise it was a good quick read. ( )
  ladybug74 | Jun 7, 2010 |
I first fell in love with this book in my romantic YA phase of love at first sight, and believing in soul mates. It has all the pieces of those teen romances that are needed to make a girl swoon, squee, and cry. It is at times poignant, at times heartwrenching, and at times incredibly frustrating as the heroine seems a little two dimensional with certain aspects of her talents. Overall the plot is fascinating, but the characters could use a little more rounding out, the nuances of the world could use a bit more explanation and exploration. The mystery that engages the reader at the beginning is quickly pushed to the background of the romance, and the time travel, and so becomes more of a melodramatic spice than an actual piece of the story. Yet, despite it's flaws, it remains one of my favorite reads to revisit again and again. ( )
  innermurk | Mar 12, 2008 |
For Dorie
It was Annie's agenda that summer to convert her boyfriend, Sean, into a romantic man.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440219329, Paperback)

Imagine changing centuries--and making things worse, not better, on both sides of time.

Imagine being involved in two love triangles in two different centuries. What if, no matter which direction you travel in time, you must abandon someone you love?

Meet 15-year-old Annie Lockwood, a romantic living in the wrong century. When she travels back a hundred years and lands in 1895--a time when privileged young ladies wear magnificent gowns, attend elegant parties, and are courted by handsome gentlemen--Annie at last finds romance. But she is a trespasser in time. Will she choose to stay in the past? Will she be allowed to?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:51 -0400)

The summer after senior year, Annie, wishing she could have lived a hundred years ago in a more romantic time, finds herself in the 1890s and it is indeed romantic--and very painful.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,139,436 books! | Top bar: Always visible