Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Nutrition and Health
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0415278759, Hardcover)Can an apple a day really keep the doctor way?
Did you know that three slices of bread and butter provide enough energy for a brisk six mile walk?
Nutrition and Health is an easy-to-read introduction to the role of the human diet in maintaining a healthy body and preventing disease. Wiseman provides a concise overview of all important aspects of diet and health including:
* definitions of food types
* energy requirements, exercise, obesity and eating disorders
* nutrition in pregnancy, children and the elderly
* food additives and interpreting food labels
* food-borne illness, intolerance and allergy
* vitamins, minerals, and water requirements
Highlighted with key points, figures and examples throughout, this text is an ideal introduction for all students of biology, medicine, nursing and midwifery.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:33 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.