For All Time by Caroline B. Cooney

For All Time (2001)

by Caroline B. Cooney

194160,720 (4.05)4

Annie Lockwood has never forgotten Strat, the love of her life lost in time back in the 1800s. So, when she sees a newspaper article announcing the new Egyptian exhibit in New York City and feels her beloved through the news ink she knows she must do anything to get there and convince Time to once again reunite her with him. However, as Annie has learned in the past, Time is not always so cooperative and when Annie finds herself in Ancient Egypt instead of the 1800s she discovers she may not only have lost her love forever, but her very life in the bargain.

Strat has been living as a photographer in Egypt for some time, using his small allowance from photographing tourists to assist Katie, who was working as a nurse in a lepers hospital in Spain. Through everything Strat continued to think of his lost love, Annie, and pray that wherever or whenever she was, that she was safe.

After reading the first three books of this set, I really felt I would enjoy reading the conclusion as well. I’m very glad I did, since I actually liked this book much more than the first three. Since the narrative was pretty much equally split between Annie and Strat, not to mention the new addition of an Egyptian Princess and deceitful private investigator, I found the stories much more interesting this time around. Annie wasn’t as much the main character which is something that I kind of liked. The ending scene in Egypt was very exciting and really made it all worthwhile. The very, very ending was a little unclear to me in the how and why department, although certainly of a finite nature and not begging of another story. All in all I thought this was a pretty interesting series of young adult, historical fiction. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Feb 24, 2008 |
For my granddaughter Elizabeth Anne
When her parents finally got married again and left for their honeymoon, nobody was happier than Annie Lockwood.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440229316, Mass Market Paperback)

The romantic time-travel series by the popular Caroline Cooney (Both Sides of Time, Out of Time, Prisoner of Time) continues with this fourth volume, in which the lovers, Annie and Strat, are again out of sync through the centuries. From modern times Annie sets out to find Strat at the Egyptian pyramids in 1899, where she suspects he is working as a photographer for an archeological dig. But Time overshoots the mark, and she ends up in ancient Egypt, where she is walled into a tomb as an official sacrifice! Meanwhile, Strat has his own troubles when his evil father shows up and frames him for grave robbing. Will the two time-crossed lovers ever find each other again? A fun, fast-paced read. (Ages 10 to 14) --Patty Campbell

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:04 -0400)

Annie, a teenager in 1999, tries to travel back in time to join her lost love Strat in Egypt in 1899, but instead she ends up in ancient Egypt and in great danger.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,383,387 books! | Top bar: Always visible