Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The New Handbook of Children's Rights: Comparative Policy and Practice
by Bob Franklin
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0415250366, Paperback)The new edition of this well established handbook provides up-to-date information on a topic of increasing importance across a range of disciplines and practices. It covers:
* the debate concerning children's rights and developments in rights provision over the last twenty years
* the impact of recent British legislation on children's rights in key areas such as education, social and welfare services and criminal justice
* the key provisions of the UN Convention and Human Rights Act
* recent policy proposals and initiatives in the British setting intended to establish and promote rights for children and young people
* the rights claims of particular groups of children, for example children who are carers or children who are disabled
* children's claims for particular rights such as the right to space, to sex education and citizenship
* the ways in which the voices of children and young people are or might be articulated more clearly in policy debates and other arenas
* issues and developments in Europe, Scandinavia and China.
The New Handbook of Children's Rights offers a comprehensive and radical appraisal of the field which will be invaluable to students and professionals alike.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:13 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.