Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Vocabulary (Language Workbooks)
by Laurie Bauer
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0415163986, Paperback)Routledge Language Workbooks are practical introductions to specific areas of language for absolute beginners. They provide comprehensive coverage of the area as well as a basis for further study. Language Workbooks can be used for independent study or as part of a taught class.
* covers issues such as the power of words to influence our perceptions
* looks at the origins of words from English and other languages
* explores the relationships between the meanings and shapes of words
* examines the correlation of different kinds of words with different style levels
* uses striking and entertaining examples to make fundamental points about the words we use
* lays the groundwork for further study in morphology, lexical semantics, historical linguistics and lexicography.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:06 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.