If I Were You by Richard Hamilton

If I Were You

by Richard Hamilton

In my opinion, this is a great children’s book for many reasons. First, the illustrations enhanced the story tremendously and were very appropriate for the mood of the story. I felt this way because, the main characters take turns using their imaginations to think of impossible situations and the illustrations were there to show the audience what that imaginable situation looked like from the perspective of the characters. Additionally, I really enjoyed the language that was used in the story because it was very descriptive and followed a pattern. I noticed this pattern and creativeness when the author chose to use rhyming words for each characters explanation of their next imaginable situation. Another reason why I enjoyed the story was because I found the characters to be very relatable. The main characters were a father and a daughter who were spending time together before bed having fun with their imagination. I feel like a situation like this could happen often between a father and daughter or any parent and child which makes it easy for the audience to relate to it. Overall I found this book to be a fun and enjoyable story for kids to read and rhyme with while looking at entertaining illustrations. Additionally, I believe that the overall message of this story is that imagination can really create a whole new world for children. ( )
  sradin2 | Sep 17, 2013 |
This book is hilarious! It show cases the relationship a father and daughter have. Through out the story they say, "If I were you..." and funny situations would occur. Some they both agreed on, others not too much. The illustrations compliment the theme of the book....Love!
  Kchiotti | Mar 13, 2009 |

At bedtime, a little girl and her father play a game in which each imagines what it would be like to be the other for a day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,680,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible