Wanted! by Caroline B. Cooney

Wanted! (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Caroline B. Cooney (Author)

Member:KeriLynneD
Title:Wanted!
Authors:Caroline B. Cooney (Author)
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (1997), Edition: English Language, 240 pages
Rating:**

Wanted! by Caroline B. Cooney (1997)

This book was pretty unrealistic. I guess stranger things have happened in real life but I just couldn't get in to this book enough to really enjoy it. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
When her father is murdered and the police obtain an e-mail confession that implicates her, Alice Robie realizes she will have to flee and prove her innocence.
  lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |
When Ally gets a phone call from her dad asking her to grab a couple of discs and drive (without a license!) in his corvette to "the place where she gets ice cream," she knows something is wrong. But when someone breaks into the house while she's in it, Ally makes a run for it - only to find out that her dad has been murdered and she's the prime suspect. Will she be able to evade the police AND prove her innocence?

This was a fun, fluffy, and clean teen thriller published back in the late '90s and recently re-released. I read it practically in one sitting. There are certain aspects of the book that didn't translate well to the 21st century. For example, this was written in a day when most people didn't have a cellphone - is that something today's teenager can even fathom? Ally made some stupid choices in this book (let's face it, it's hard to prove you're innocent when you're running away!), but in the end she managed to stay true to herself. This book would be appropriate for 11-14 year olds, and could be enjoyed by either boys or girls (i.e. it's high on suspense and low on romance). In fact, it made me miss the day in which the love triangle wasn't a required plot device for YA. Oh, those were the days! ( )
  The_Hibernator | Mar 27, 2013 |
Reviewed by Glenn (Class of 2012)
WANTED was full of action, drama, and mystery. In one part, Alice sneaks into a girl’s shower and hides from the group looking for her and the girl in there says nothing. In the story, a girl named Alice has been set up for murdering, if her father. She has to prove that she is not guilty and find out who killed him before she is found. Caroline B Cooney also wrote The Face on the Milk Carton, The Voice on the Radio, Code Orange, and many more. I really liked this book because my friend would always get into trouble and he would try to change his look so that the cops would not find him, and that is what Alice does so they won’t find her. (It never worked for my friend). So overall, I think that this book was really good because it makes you wonder who is good and who is bad. I recommend this book to all mystery readers. ( )
  HHS-Students | Oct 23, 2009 |
Cooney has written a tight plot for this thriller, and the suspense doesn't let up until the very last page. Although Wanted! shows the main character, a typical teenage girl, confronting anguish, confusion, and fear after she witnesses the murder of her father, the story nevertheless maintains the pace of a thriller, and the action is consistently seen from the point of view of a teenager, whose tendency is to look toward the necessities of the moment rather than to dwell in the major catastrophe that has just befallen her. ( )
  vaillance | May 2, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,404,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible