Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
    All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (sandstone78)
    sandstone78: All Just Glass is the direct sequel to Shattered Mirror.

Shattered Mirror is my favorite Amelia At water-Rhodes book. I love all of her books but this on is my favorite. ( )
  JessicaBadrick | Aug 6, 2012 |
I have grown to enjoy Amelia Atwater-Rhodes writing style. Her characters are a sort of guilty pleasure and her novels continue to exceed my expectations. I did enjoy this book and will continue reading her work; I do recommend this to the young adult community. ( )
  Allizabeth | Jul 17, 2011 |
Shattered Mirror would have been exactly like the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer if Buffy has been less perky and faked a more "tough-girl" act. Sarah is a vampire hunting witch. She kills vampires because they are bad by definition. That is until she meets Christopher. He's a good vampire. When he was eating humans, he went by a slightly different name - Kristopher. Even though she fights it, she falls for him. Sound familiar?

The story isn't bad, the writing is simple and there isn't much graphic violence. Overall, the book wouldn't be a bad fit for the youngest of teen fiction readers. Nothing new is covered and older readers will have seen it all before. ( )
  TequilaReader | May 15, 2010 |
Maybe I'm being hard on the author. Thinking back I did enjoy these books, they were fast and fun, easy reads. I particularly liked this one. The poetry in it was beautiful as was the touchy resolution at the end. I liked all of the characters and their interaction, and I really liked Christopher!
  Ilithyia | Dec 20, 2009 |
Third in the series after In the Forests of the Night.

Caryn Smoke is a background character in this one, but she has become a powerful healer and also part of an organization promoting tolerance between vampires, witches, werewolves, and humans.

Sarah Vida, youngest of the powerful Vida line of witches, is on the hunt for Nikolas, a vampire who cuts his name into the skin of his victims. Sarah is befriended by Christopher and Nissa, two vampires who have resolved not to kill. Through them, she learns much more about Nikolas than she ever wanted to know. Of course, the book ends with a fight, a twist, and a dramatic choice for Sarah.

While the books in this series are too short to really get me hooked, they are entertaining. ( )
  mrsdwilliams | Dec 17, 2009 |
The Two Trees

Beloved, gaze in thine own heart.
Gaze no more in the bitter glass
The demons, with their subtle guile.
Lift up before us when they pass,
Or only gaze a little while;
For there a fatal image grows
That the stormy night receives,
Roots half hidden under snows,
Broken boughs and blackened leaves.
For ill things turn to barrenness
In the dim glass the demons hold,
The glass of outer weariness,
Made when God slept in times of old.
There, through the broken branches, go
The ravens of unresting thought;
Flying, crying, to and fro,
Cruel claw and hungry throat,
Or else they stand and sniff the wind,
And shake their ragged wings; alas!
Thy tender eyes grow all unkind:
Gaze no more in the bitter glass.
W. B. Yeats
Sarah Vida shivered

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440229405, Mass Market Paperback)

It's not easy being a vampire-hunting witch, but Sarah Tigress Vida has learned from the best. The witches of the Vida family line have been successfully stalking and staking the undead for centuries, and Sarah is immensely proud of her ancestry. So, the last thing she would ever do is befriend one of the enemy. She has always faithfully followed the golden Vida rule of vampire hunting: "Knowing your prey can cause hesitation, and when one is a vampire hunter, hesitation ends in death." Then she meets artistic, sweet Christopher. A benign vampire, Christopher lives off of animal blood or the blood of willing human donors, and begins to gently woo Sarah with his poetry and drawings. Completely against her slayer instincts, Sarah reluctantly begins to care for Christopher... until she discovers that his twin is the vampire Nikolas, infamous for his habit of carving his name into the flesh of his victims. Sarah has always sworn to be the Vida to take Nikolas out, but her feelings for Christopher have allowed her to hesitate--a hesitation that may cost her not only her family's sterling reputation, but her mortal soul.

With Shattered Mirror, wildly popular teen author Amelia Atwater-Rhodes continues to effectively tap the vein of universal adolescent fascination with all things brooding and blood-sucking. Ardent fans will be pleased to see the return of characters from the author's previous books, like healer witch Caryn Smoke. This complex dynasty of witches and vampires will no doubt enjoy long, imaginary lives as the young author continues to hone her witch... er, writing craft. (Ages 12 and older) --Jennifer Hubert

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:12 -0400)

As seventeen-year-old Sarah, daughter of a powerful line of vampire-hunting witches, continues to pursue the ancient bloodsucker Nikolas, she finds herself in a dangerous friendship with two vampire siblings in her high school.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,608,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible