The Princess Diaries (07) Party Princess by…

The Princess Diaries (07) Party Princess (edition 2007)

by Meg Cabot

Member:benuathanasia
Title:The Princess Diaries (07) Party Princess
Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:HarperTeen (2007), Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Epistolary, Fiction, Young Adult, Read 2013
Rating:***
Tags:royalty, fiction, epistolary, diary, romance, young adult

Party Princess by Meg Cabot

So, while this story explained a bit of Lilly's behavior, I don't think it excuses it. She's still really abrasive and downright mean to Mia.
That aside, I did love the book. The group of friends Mia has gains a new face. I love that Mia becomes braver and more accepting of people the more she matures in her role as princess. The relationship with Michael has a bit of a struggle again, but easily fixed in spite of Mia's overactive imagination. I enjoyed the fact that in her own twisted way, Grandmere was able to help Mia out of her school dilemma, even if it also helped herself out of her own dilemma. I'm excited to see what the next book has in store. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I remember reading this series when I was so young in high school, I remember finishing homework and pretending to go to bed to read until falling asleep and sometimes reading them during math class. My mom always got them to me since I loved the movie so much. Great series for teenagers and girls who love princesses.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
As I’ve been hinting through my reread of the series, I am not a fan of book seven. While the last three books have been filler, it’s most apparent in this. The only purpose it serves is to set up a love triangle between Michael and JP (aka “The Corn-in-the-Chili boy”) for the next three books. There didn’t even need to be a love triangle; we can already see there’s problems in Mia and Michael’s relationship. She’s insecure about Michael being around more sophisticated girls; Michael has his own issues with his parents’ relationship; not to mention, their lives are very busy, so they don’t spend as much time with each other. That could have been a very interesting read, and different from a good chunk of YA romances. Mia is extremely self-centered throughout this. She doesn’t make an attempt to figure out what’s wrong with her best friend, and doesn’t understand why Lilly’s rightfully angry with her over JP. The rest of the book—the student council budget and subsequent Grandmere scheme to save the day—is pointless. Grandmere’s plot to put on a musical for a charity benefit feels like a continuation of book six’s take that by shoving in as many pop culture names as possible. (Also, I find it really implausible that Bob Dylan would buy one of the World Islands*.) The only thing that I liked in the whole book is the hint that Lana is not an airhead cheerleader, which appears for all of two lines. I disliked this book when I first read it (and almost made me swear off the rest of the series), and I still like very little of it.

*If you've never heard of the World Islands, check out the Wiki pagehref>, it's a pretty fascinating study of decadence. ( )
  princess-starr | Mar 31, 2013 |
I really hated Michael in this. He's so pushy about the whole sex thing. If Mia isn't ready (which she very obviously won't be for a while, how can he expect her to attach a date to when she will be ready? Lilly is equally obnoxious, though not nearly as much as usual. I love the 'addition' of JP and think he would be much better suited to Mia than Michael (who has nothing in common with Mia. ( )
  benuathanasia | Jan 20, 2013 |
2011-10-04
  Petit-Enghien | Oct 6, 2011 |
"The spirit and will of any child would have been entirely humbled and broken by the changes she has had to submit to. But, upon my word, she seems as little subdued as if - as if she were a princess."
A Little Princess
Francesca Hodgson Burnett
For my niece,
Riley Sueham Cabot,
another princess in training
Dear Dr. Carl Jung,
I realise you will never read this letter, primarily because you are dead.
Party Princess aka Seventh Heaven

Princess just want to have fun . . . And Mia does too, despite the fact that the student government over which she presides is suddenly broke. But Grandmère's got a wacky scheme to raise the money, catapult Mia to theatrical fame, and link her romantically with an eligible teen bachelor who's not her boyfriend. No wonder Michael seems to think she's a psycho, or worse: not much fun. Is it possible that Mia, soon-to-be star of the stage, president of the student body, and future ruler of Genovia, doesn't know how to party?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:52 -0400)

In a series of humorous diary entries, fifteen-year-old Mia tries to figure out how to raise money for the bankrupt student government at her school while also worrying about how to become a "party girl."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,906,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible