Watch Over Me by Lucy Monroe

I truly enjoyed "Watch Over Me", Lucy Monroe's latest book in her 'Goddard Project Agency' series about Alpha male former mercenary heroes and the women who semi-tame them. Monroe is one of those authors I count on to deliver a story I'll enjoy, without having to deal with 'too' much reality in the form of death and destruction. She also delivers the heat without fail!

Lana is a genius and a scientist. She's also a bit...well, let's just say there doesn't seem to be much of a filter between her brain and her mouth, and thus social situations aren't exactly her forte. She doesn't consider herself pretty, isn't rail thin, and believes her only asset is her brillant mind. She's a firm believer in empirical evidence and the few experiences she's had with sex and relationships...well, she just can't understand what all the fuss is about. That is, until a hunky stranger shows up in her lab.

Mykola considers himself an underachiever in a family of geniuses, but that's OK with him. He lives for his job as a DEA agent until his last undercover assignment reveals a threat to his sister and the science firm where she works. So he reluctantly leaves the DEA and signs on to the Goddard Project to protect his sister. While touring his sister's workplace, he happens upon a delicious looking female...who's a total nerd...and it appears that turns him on!

How wonderful to read a story about a socially inept, non-physically perfect female. Haven't we all felt that way at one time or another? For me, it's just the latest example of how Monroe writes characters I can relate to in some way, and then makes me care for them and their lives. Her hot bad boy heroes don't hurt either!!

"Watch Over Me" was another winner for me. I read it while on vacation and it was the perfect beach read--not too tense, not too serious, not too long. Just me, my mai tai, the pool, and this book. AHHH. ( )
  jjmachshev | May 29, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,192,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible