The Voyage of the Ludgate Hill: Travels with…

The Voyage of the Ludgate Hill: Travels with Robert Louis Stevenson (edition 1987)

by Nancy Willard (Author)

A poem inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's letters describes how the author and his wife survived a stormy ocean voyage with a shipload of exotic animals.
Member:BurksBoys
Title:The Voyage of the Ludgate Hill: Travels with Robert Louis Stevenson
Authors:Nancy Willard (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (1987), Edition: 1st, 96 pages

The Voyage of the Ludgate Hill: Travels with Robert Louis Stevenson by Nancy Willard

NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
This is a book that Nancy Willard decided to write about because of the 1887 voyage Robert Stevenson embarked on to the Atlantic crossing. I really liked that this book had both facts and fiction events about it. The book has comical events with the addition of many animals on the boat that disrupt the events of the crew and people abroad. I think it is a good read for children because they would be interested in the true story, and I think this would be a good social studies book students can get into etc. The rhyming of the book was well done and I think the illustrations really added to the story. Over all I think it was a very well done poem. ( )
  NihadKased | Nov 2, 2016 |

Willard, Nancyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Provensen, AliceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Provensen, MartinIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,524,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible