Vision In White by Nora Roberts

Vision In White (edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts

Rating:*****
Tags:Bride Quartet, Kindle

Vision in White by Nora Roberts

Recently added byrena75, Pages_Aplenty, weynand, private library

English (92)  Spanish (1)  All languages (93)
Mackenzie Elliot is one of a quartet of friends who run a wedding planning business. The irony, of course, is that Mac, while a brilliant wedding photographer doesn't believe that a marriage could actually be successful, especially one that might involve her. But when she bumps into Carter Maguire, who is the brother of one the brides Mac is working for, sparks fly. Can Carter convince the commitment-phobe Mac that not all weddings end in not happily ever after?

Nora Roberts is a big name in the romance genre for a reason. Her writing is solid and her central characters are well-rounded and believable individuals whom it's very easy for the reader to root for. I did quibble a bit over a wedding photographer who refused to use a second shooter (having just done my own wedding, I wouldn't have accepted a photographer who didn't - for the ceremony at a minimum). There were also a couple of "villain" type characters who relied a little too heavily on trope and didn't feel like real human beings. However, these are minor annoyances. In a nice bit of serendipity, the novel is set at almost the same time of year as when I read it which lends some nice seasonal ambiance to the reading. If you're in the mood for a wedding-themed romance novel, this is a very solid choice. ( )
  MickyFine | Jan 6, 2019 |
Absolutely love this book! I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. I love the friendship and support that the girls share. I also really like how they have their own space and their own separate businesses but come together for a flawless business model. I wish I had found something like this for my wedding. I think I would like to be friends with these ladies. ( )
  dms12880 | Nov 29, 2018 |
I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series! ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
This is my first Nora Roberts book and it was recommended to me by a friend and it was absoutely amazing, especially since I can connect with Mac. I love how it is about the story and not your typical romance novel either it reminds me a lot of the Bella Andre Sulivan's series. I can't wait to ready the next one. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
My review

Nora Roberts. I love how the friends have a business but still find time to be there for each other. Funny, romantic, and inspiring characters make a beautiful story. ( )
  ig3514 | May 20, 2018 |
This is a wonderful and cozy read.
added by Shortride | editRT Book Reviews (May 1, 2009)

Roberts pulls off a nice switch in making the woman afraid of saying “I do,” and her gentle humor and likable cast will immediately endear this series to readers.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (Mar 23, 2009)

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alemany Vilalta, SilviaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Durante, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Dan and Stacie.
For Jason and Kat. For all the moments.
By the time she was eight, Mackensie Elliot had been married fourteen times. She'd married each of her three best friends-as both bride and groom- her best friend's brother (under his protest), two dogs, three cats and a rabbit.

Childhood friends Mackensie, Parker, Laurel and Emmeline have formed a very successful wedding planning business together but, despite helping thousands of happy couples to organise the biggest day of their lives, all four women are unlucky in love. Photographer Mackensie Elliott has suffered a tough childhood and has a bad relationship with her mother, which makes her wary of commitment. But when she meets Carter Macguire, she can't stop herself falling for him, although his ex girlfriend is prepared to play dirty to keep him. Mackensie soon realises she has to put her past demons to rest in order to find lasting love...

Wedding photographer Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother--an encounter that has them both seeing stars--and has Mac turning to her three best friends and business partners to see her way to her own happy ending.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,337,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible