Blown Coverage by Jason Elam

Blown Coverage

by Jason Elam

English (56)  Latin (1)  All (57)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The suspense was great! Not my usual genre but this book was an excellent page turner. The character development was outstanding, and the story was a truly intriguing! Can't wait to read the first in the series. I recommend this book.
  kcnjamie | Sep 24, 2010 |
It's a few months after the first terrorist attack stopped by Riley Covington. The terrorists are angry and looking to make a dramatic statement. Sleeper cells are waking up all over the United States, and bombs are going off in very public places. Riley is supposed to be starting mini-camp for the Colorado Mustangs, but that is becoming more unlikely. Following an attack on Riley and his friends before mini-camp, and the death of Riley's father by a terrorists bomb, Riley decides to take on the terrorists personally.I did not read the first novel in this series, but enjoyed Blown Coverage. Despite the way the cover portrayed the book to me (as a football novel), I was pleased to discover that it was an interesting thriller. Riley did not have to be a football player for the plot to work, and the game was not integral to the plot. I didn't connect to the characters the way I would have liked. They were likable, but I did not find many similarities between myself and them. The relationship between Riley and Khadi annoyed me. They either need to be together or let each other go.Overall, this was an entertaining book, great for an easy weekend read. I do not feel compelled to read more in the series, but am glad I read this one.READ MORE REVIEWS AT http://sschpagepals.blogspot.com
  tichwi | Sep 10, 2010 |
You really need to read the first book in this series, Monday Night Jihad, first. Although it can be read alone, the pieces would be much more understandable. A football player and former counterintelligence agent is a hero from a terrorist save last year, but now the group is out for revenge and continuing terrorism, which puts Riley Covington back in the limelight, much to his dismay. The memories and the fame are both beyond his abilities, but he continues on, despite personal attacks to himself and others. If you are a football fan, you will really like this book. If you are looking for other books like Joel Rosenberg, this could be a filler for you. Faith is the ultimate protection and help in this story. ( )
  nolak | May 27, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Blown Coverage starts out at a dead run and never looks back. I initially thought it might be just a bit cheesy having a football player as the hero, but after some thought (and some reading) I changed my mind. Why not a football player? We see everyone else and at least an athelete is in fairly decent shape!
Riley Covington reads more like a military stud anyway. Tough, quick to action and uncompromising in his beliefs.

Blown Coverage sets Riley and the Counterterrorism division against a terrorist that truly is dedicated in bringing about chaos. The very first pages of the book toss us right in the mix. There are no pulling of the punches here. It's fast, brutal and yes, highly entertaining.

you could do a lot worse than Blown Coverage by football star Jason Elam & Steve Yohn, but you can't do much better.

Blown Coverage is a hell of an entertaining read that is guaranteed to keep you spellbound until the last play is made. ( )
  battlinjack | Mar 9, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have tried reading this book several times but it is not interesting to me at all.
  momei | Dec 16, 2009 |
Empty shell casings skittered across the cement floor, propelled by the underside of the mercenary's boots.

Linebacker Riley Covington returns to another season of mini-camp for the Colorado Mustangs just as a wave of terrorist attacks begin to occur across the country. Sleeper cells are being awakened-likely by the leader of the Cause, who has recently escaped from captivity and is coordinating attacks not only on America but also on Riley and his loved ones. As Jim Hicks, Scott Ross, and the rest of the Counterterrorism Division follow leads in Europe, Riley goes on the offensive to draw out his attackers. But can the Cause be stopped before they're able to reach their ultimate goal?… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jason Elam's book Blown Coverage was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,450,632 books! | Top bar: Always visible