Over My Dead Body by Michele Bardsley

Over My Dead Body

by Michele Bardsley

Simone the local vampire mechanic, always distant and aloof from the groupies in the compound finds herself attracted to bad boy human Braddock. His hard as nails persona takes a nose dive as he becomes Mr. Softy around Simone and her daughter. Wait I know it sounds so "ahhhh.." well it's not. There are big secrets each of them are hiding, and someone else too and they are dangerous ones. You fellow reader and I know secrets always come back and bite hard. Some folks will lose their lives. Good things happen too, wishes are realized, lives are revitalized and rewritten and a dream is made that causes joy to so many.
it was an enjoyable read, a bit darker than the first 4 books in the series. The coming together of the stories and the people to make this new community is wonderful to watch. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I enjoy this series, a little too romantic at times but all in all it's an enjoyable series ( )
  rebeccaday1 | Jun 27, 2011 |
Publisher: Signet
Purchased: Bought from Borders

What I Loved: The furthering of the story of the community of Broken Heart OK. I am really loving how the elements are coming together and the community is really bonding together. The "wish" was probably my favorite moment in the book because it really was funny but I think great for the town.

What I Liked: Simone and Braddock had a really sweet story. I think they both felt a little bit like they didn't belong but it was fun to watch how they ended up belonging like everyone else.

Complaints: None really! This wasn't my favorite book in the series but it was still a really fun read.

Why I gave it a 3: This book was a great continuation of the story of Broken Heart but it just wasn't my favorite. That being said, do not skip it--Simone and Braddock are a really good couple and you will miss some "plot" forwards. Well worth the time it took to read!

Who I would recommend it too: PNR readers who have read the rest of the series. It really is one of those fun series that just make you smile!

Author Website: http://www.michelebardsley.com/ ( )
  thehistorychic | Oct 18, 2010 |
"Over My Dead Body" is book five from Michele Bardsley's hilarious 'Broken Heart Vampires' contemporary series about a small city in Oklahoma that becomes a protected haven for 'good guy' vampires. In the first book, several citizens are bitten by accident and those are the ones allowed to stay...the others are paid and 'enchanted' to leave to live successful lives elsewhere. So basically, we have here an entire city of otherworldly creatures...but many of them were just plain, ordinary people and the titles of Bardsley's books reinforce that: "I'm the Vampire, That's Why"; "Don't Talk Back to Your Vampire"; "Because Your Vampire Said So"; and "Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home". Funny? Oh yeah. Good reading? Definitely.

Simone moves to Broken Heart with her daughter for sanctuary. Since the night Simone's abusive husband tried to kill her, her daughter hasn't spoken and Broken Heart just SOUNDS like a good place to be. Until even stranger things happen...like becoming a vampire, falling in love with a ?human?, developing weird powers, oh and let's not forget another attack by her now undead hubby.

You could read "Over My Dead Body" without reading the previous books...but to get the full enjoyment, I'd still recommend looking up the backlist. This series does a wonderful job of combining humor, action, magic (we're not just talking about vampires!), romance, and a continuing storyline that moves along with each book without leaving the reader hanging. Not an easy task, but Michele Bardsley manages with zippy dialogue, steamy love scenes, and just the right amount of written slapstick. If you enjoy laughter, magic, and mommyhood with challenges...check out this series. ( )
  jjmachshev | Jun 14, 2009 |

Vampire mechanic and single mom Simone Sweet finds herself falling for ex-para-military operative Braddock Hayes. Then both their bloody pasts catch up to them … and jeopardizes everyone in Broken Heart.

With her ex-husband gone after attempting to murder her, Oklahoma is one place where Simone Sweet and her daughter can feel safe--and Simone can almost forget she's a vampire. But when Simone's past resurfaces, it threatens to ruin her second chance. Original.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible