Skin Deep by Mark Del Franco

The characters are well developed and Laura's constant flopping between are her different glamours keeps the pace of the book moving quickly. You are kept guessing throughout the novel and while I often pride myself on having figured out what will happen long before the protagonist, I found that even in the end I still doubted my decision. I strongly recommend this series if you enjoy action/adventure, mystery, and a little romance. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Finished but forgettable, this is one of those breed of Urban Fantasy that didn't hook me with either mythology or characters. To be honest, though, the first Kate Daniels wasn't an instant slam dunk for me, and now it's a cannon favorite, so I'll keep on eye on this one to dip back into the series later. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
I read this book in one sitting, which may be why my high rating compared to other readers who dipped in and out. I found the management of the three identities was well written, often I have read books where there were many flaws. There were one or two occastions that had me cringing but, overall I enjoyed this book and would like to see more in this series. ( )
  viciouslittlething | Jul 8, 2010 |
Despite an action packed opening, and some interesting action scenes along the way, I had a difficult time getting interested in this book. Because of that (and this is likely my own fault), I was only reading in fits and starts, and I had a tough time keeping the characters and their relationships straight. This was compounded by the main character not really ever being clear about who was on her side, and none of the characters really being fleshed out enough to make it clear in their actions. I finally did get a little involved toward the end but probably not enough to continue with the series. ( )
  kcaroth1 | Nov 9, 2009 |
Laura Blackstone is an earth-born fey, a druid. As Janice Crawford, she consults with a local SWAT team. When a drug raid goes wrong, she finds herself in danger of her life.

Not bad, it just didn't grab me. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Aug 23, 2009 |
For Jack, who made this one possible
As she leaned back in her seat, the van's motion vibrated against the base of Laura Blackstone's skull.

(from the back of the book) Laura Blackstone, public relations director for the Fey Guild, can spin a story with ease. Across town, Janice Crawford works her magic as the druidess backup to for the D.C. SWAT. Meanwhile, as an operative for an international intelligence agency, Mariel Tate uses her beauty and brains to hunt down terrorists. Laura, Janice, and Mariel have nothing in common – except they’re the same woman…

Being an undercover agent has its occupational hazards, but Laura makes it look easy. As a spy for a fey intelligence agency, she uses her magical abilities to create disguises that are skin deep – glamours, or personas, that must never be compromised.

Now, while Laura publicizes a special fey exhibition at the National Archives, Janice is almost killed in a drug bust gone wrong, and Mariel discovers a connection between the drug raid and threats made against the exhibition’s debut. Laura’s different worlds are about to collide, and if she can’t keep it together, she’ll have more to worry about than being forced to retire an identity. She may lose her life.

She'll need to keep up appearances - if she wants to stay alive... Being an undercover agent has its occupational hazards, but Laura Blackstone makes it look easy. As a spy for a fey intelligence agency, she uses her magical abilities to create disguises that are skin deep - glamours that must never be compromised. But when Laura's worlds collide she'll have more to worry about than retiring an identity; she may just lose her life.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible