Deja vu Bride by Debra Ullrick

Deja vu Bride

by Debra Ullrick

Series: Racing (2)

I wanted to like this book, but I felt very confused in the Prologue, and when the confusion didn't clear up early in the book and when it seemed the pace would be slower than I'd like, I chose to put the book down and haven't felt the desire to pick it up again. I did not read book one of the series and perhaps will try this book again if I find book one, read it, and like it. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
Deja Vu Bride by Debra Ullrick was a very enjoyable story and a quick and easy read. Olivia Roseman has lost nearly everyone she has ever loved and as a result she has turned her back on God. She was fired from her latest job because she reported her boss to the police for an attempted sexual attack. Now she is jobless, penniless, and homeless. Her ex-boss threatened that he would get even so she moved from Wheeling to Charity, West Virginia. She applies for a job at Cole Chevrolet and Erik, the owner who has a deep faith in God, senses that Olivia has reached the end of her rope. After seeing her portfolio of airbrush designs, he hires her to airbrush paint his monster trucks. Erik decides that he will do everything he can to help Olivia but she creates one challenge after the other. As Erik’s feelings for Olivia grow, he prays that she will renew her trust in God and that she will open her heart to him.

The description of all the action at the rally was so realistic that I felt as if I were sitting right there in the stands and cheering with the rest of the people. Not only could I see what was going on, I could hear all the noise from the roaring motors. Character development was excellent and the dialogue was so well done that I wanted to jump right into the conversations. The author made the characters so loveable that I could not help but cheer them on in all their endeavors. Of course, Olivia’s ex-boss was not even likeable but that is the way he was supposed to be portrayed. The story was inspiring and showed that God never leaves us even if we do pull away from Him. Not only did Debra write a great romantic story but there was enough suspense to add more enjoyment of the book. I have never been to a monster truck rally but after reading this book I feel as if I have experienced the thrill of a rally.

I highly recommend this book to everyone that enjoys a heart warming romance and also likes a little suspense in the story.

Thanks to the author, Debra Ullrick, for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. ( )
  deanna13 | Jul 1, 2013 |
"Deja Vu Bride" is the sequel to "The Bride Wore Coveralls." I loved this book, and i also have the pleasure of writing to the author. I also got my copy from the author. I know what it feels like to hate god because of a lost love one. Olivia Roseman never wanted to trust or hear about god again after she had lost her family and fiance, but when she meets Eric Cole, she works for him on his monster truck, they fall in love, and she gets right with god again. This book was just as good as the one before it. ( )
  WrecklessRogue | Aug 3, 2009 |
This book is the sequel to "The Bride Wore Coveralls" and I think this book is much better than the first one! Olivia Roseman vows to never trust God again, after losing her parents, her grandma and then her fiancee. But she didn't count on meeting Erik Cole and working on his monster truck. It was a good read watching them "fall in love". ( )
  judyg54 | Dec 9, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,467,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible