Knife Music by David Carnoy

Knife Music (edition 2008)

by David Carnoy

kinds of nonsense that added nothing to the story. There was not one
character that I sympathized with and felt I could root for. They all
seemed so pathetic.

Overall, I was not very moved by this story and would not be inclined
to read another from this author.

I don't know which book came first, but it felt like he was going for something like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... but failed miserably. At least with TGwtDT, you have Lisbeth; who is supreme kick-ass and really carries the book. In Knife Music, I felt that there was no one to root for, or even like. ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
kinds of nonsense that added nothing to the story. There was not one
character that I sympathized with and felt I could root for. They all
seemed so pathetic.

Overall, I was not very moved by this story and would not be inclined
to read another from this author.

mearias | Apr 3, 2013 |
This was an amazing suspense story. Ted Cogan is a great character to get to know. He is a surgeon with a a sense of humor and both feet on the ground. Being good looking doesn't hurt him either but does it make him a rapist? You will ask yourself this over and over as you read. I changed my mind more than once.The writing flows very well and the author manages to not only take us into the mind of a gifted surgeon but the minds of teens as well, boys and girls. That is no easy feat if you ask me. Each chapter tells the story from a different character which I liked.I particularly enjoyed reading the snippets from Kristen's Journal. The author hit it right on the head with the style a teen uses while talking. I admit annoying to read at times but dead on.Example from page: 145"She was like did he say anything about me? And I was like,yeah, he asked me where my partner in crime was. And I was like, she's over talking to the Gap guy."If you are a mystery, suspense, thriller lover pick up this book. It's hard to believe it's the author's debut novel. I sure want more! ( )
  SenoraG163 | Sep 10, 2011 |
The catchy title, Knife Music refers to the music Dr. Ted Cogan likes to play while he’s performing surgery. There are not many layers to this straightforward mystery, which makes it an easy fast read. The intrigue starts almost immediately when events surrounding a young girl’s suicide implicate Dr Cogan in a crime. The way the book is plotted keeps you guessing until the identity of the guilty party is revealed in the final chapter; at times I was certain of the doctor’s guilt, then with the next revelation equally certain of his innocence. The author also did an excellent job creating real characters and intrigue. I particularly enjoyed the way the author captures Dr Cogan’s emotions and shows him to be very human. As he struggles to convince authorities of his innocence he also evolves into a better more compassionate person. In summary, this is a satisfying read and although it starts and ends strong, the middle third of the book was flat. Definitely an author to keep an eye on.

Review previously posted at: www.princetonbookreview.com
Find us on Face book http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Princeton-Book-Review/73532562757 ( )
  Princetonbookreview | Jan 6, 2011 |

Tense and twisting, Knife Music is the story of a doctor struggling to clear his name after being accused of raping and causing the suicide of a young girl. The novel pits Dr. Ted Cogan, a 43-year-old surgeon and self-described womanizer, against Hank Madden, a handicapped veteran detective. From the outset it’s not clear who is victim and who is victimizer, as the usually dispassionate Madden grapples with his long-suppressed prejudices and his obsession with bringing Cogan to justice at any cost--to the doctor or himself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:47 -0400)

Six months after saving the life of teenage accident victim Kristen Kroiter, emergency room surgeon Ted Cogan is shocked when he is questioned by police in the wake of her baffling suicide, which causes the womanizing Cogan to be wrongly accused of rape.… (more)

22 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,286,352 books! | Top bar: Always visible