My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Take

by Rachel Vincent

Series: Soul Screamers (1)

1,1571217,029 (3.85)1 / 46

English (120)  German (1)  All (121)
Wow... What a book! Although the beginning was a bit slow, it finished with a bang. The ending had a few surprises I hadn't seen coming. I very much enjoyed reading it and can hardly wait to see what happens next.

Kaylee Cavanaugh can sense when someone around her is about to die, and forces beyond her control cause her to scream. She just wants to live a normal life and survive high school; but when she catches the attention of Nash, the hottest guy in school, she quickly learns that he knows more about her than she does. When her classmates start dying, Nash lets Kaylee in on the secret of who she is and together they discover what is going on and wonder who will be next. ( )
  BookGeekBeth | Apr 18, 2018 |
....I kept hearing about how amazing this was but... it was so boring =

I mean, the concept had potential for awesome but the themes were so cliche...

Not very popular girl... living under her best friends shadow, meets hot-popular-slightly 'bad boy'... bad boy likes girl but girl can't imagine why.... yay....

Is it bad that i'm just so tired of that? I feel like that theme is being so overdone these days....

I mean there were some cool things about it, the reapers and the bean sidhes [banshee's:]... they were cool.

But it was so bland... it was all so... flavourless. I didn't get attached to any of the characters during the entire book. I couldn't care less when any of them died because i really didn't LIKE any of them at all...

Nash was ok... but i didn't see anything original in him. He was just another hot guy... i dunno, maybe my standards are getting too high? Maybe i was too busy seeing the bad in this book?

... I just didn't really enjoy it... It might be a matter of personal opinion right now.

Because the otherwordly parts were really cool. i liked those parts. I just didn't like it any time the 'real world' stepped in. Because those parts were always rather cliche.

So... i dunno... it just didn't do it for me... maybe the second will be better. ( )
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |
What happens when you don’t see dead people, but instead you have the uncontrollable compulsion to scream right before they die? Kaylee, with the help of handsome Nash, confronts her new ability and their classmates’ mysterious deaths.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Mar 20, 2017 |
A page turner for sure! I just loved it.l The characters interact perfectly with each other. Love Nash and Tod! Can't wait for the next one! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Kaylee has a “panic attack” while at a club in front of Nash, one of the hot popular kids at her school. Instead of laughing at Kaylee, Nash does his best to soother her. This leaves Kaylee questioning his motives.

A series of unexplained deaths among teenage girls leads Kaylee to wonder if she is somehow connected since she has had a “panic attack” around two of them. Kaylee freaks out, thinks she’s dying, and that these panic attacks are part of some hallucination. Nash spills the beans about what she is. She takes it upon herself to figure out why these girls are dropping dead.

I absolutely love this series. There aren’t many books out there about bean sidhes (banshees). It’s also great to recognize the places she talks about in the book. I live in the DFW and have driven past Arlington Memorial and been to White Rock Lake.

This is my second read of this book, and I fell in love with the characters all over again. I thought Nash was a decent guy before, but I really don’t care for him anymore. I think a lot of this is because I know the outcome later in the series, but that’s not all of it. He’s a sweet guy, but at the same time he seems like a total d-bag. He’s way to confident in himself. He’s not like Jace or Damon. His cockiness isn’t adorable. It’s grating. Kaylee thinks she has to save everybody and has some serious white knight syndrome going on. She’s a good person and extremely loyal.

If you want something that doesn’t include vamps, wolves or zombies, you should pick this up. You’ll love it as much as I have. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Great book. Refreshing new concept in paranormal YA!
added by CyndiGoodgame | editYA Author of Fey Court Series, Cyndi Goodgame (Sep 21, 2012)

Rachel Vincentprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ronconi, AmandaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Come on!"

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH KAYLEE CAVANAUGH

She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.

Kaylee has become a "soul screamer"--she knows when someone is going to die and is compelled to scream, as if in warning. But her classmates keep dying!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,389,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible