Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1) by…

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1) (edition 2009)

by Rachel Vincent

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingConversations / Mentions
9611229,010 (3.87)1 / 44
Title:My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1)
Authors:Rachel Vincent
Info:Harlequin Teen (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:fantasy, banshees

Work details

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent


Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

English (116)  German (1)  All languages (117)
Showing 1-5 of 116 (next | show all)
WOW! This book was awesome. Why, might you be asking? It had a strong, fast moving plot, dynamic and perfectly depicted characters, and some nice sarcasm and humor (when appropriate). I have to say, once I got into the book, and started to learn more about Kaylee's particular situation, I was socked, I have never read a book with this particular paranormal uh...trying not to spoil anything...situation, maybe. You will have to read it to get it, and I don't want to give it away. This book is awesome, and I am already in love with Nash. 100%. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf meinem Blog Anima Libri - Buchseele

Als Kaylee in einem Club von Nash, dem Mädchenschwarm ihrer High School, angesprochen wird, kann sie ihr Glück kaum fassen und als Nash ihr dann auch noch beisteht, als der Abend entsetzlich schief läuft, ist sie sich sicher, dass sie das glücklichste Mädchen der Welt ist. Doch Nash und Kaylee verbindet ein Geheimnis, das Kaylee sich nicht einmal in ihren kühnsten Träumen vorstellen kann. Und während Nash bereits erkannt hat, was es mit Kaylees unheimlicher Fähigkeit auf sich hat, gerät alles außer Kontrolle: Ein junges Mädchen nach dem anderen kommt ums Leben. Und nur Kaylee weiß, welches Mädchen es als nächstes erwischen wird. Denn sieht sie das nächste Opfer, überkommt sie der unbändige Drang so laut und durchdringend zuschreien, dass die Fensterscheiben zerspringen…
Ich muss ganz ehrlich sagen, ich hatte keine Ahnung, worum es bei der „Soul Screamers“-Serie geht, als ich das Buch gelesen habe. Eigentlich wollte ich das Buch auch gar nicht lesen, denn während ich Rachel Vincents „Werecats“-Serie wirklich toll fand, haben mir die Inhaltsangaben (und die Originalcover) dieser Serie nie zugesagt. Gelesen habe ich das Buch jetzt nur, weil ich es als Rezensionsexemplar zugesandt bekommen habe und ich bin so, so froh darüber! Allein das Thema Banshee, das Vincent hier umsetzt, ist mir noch nie zuvor als eigenständiges Thema eines Romans untergekommen und auch ihre ausgeklügelte Beschreibung des „Systems Tod“ haben mich total fasziniert. Dazu kommt, dass nicht nur die Idee hinter der Geschichte wirklich gut ist, sondern mich auch die Umsetzung von der Schilderung der Charaktere bis hin zum Schreibstil echt begeistert hat.


Für jeden, der auf stimmungsvolle, etwas andere Fantasy steht und nicht davor zurückschreckt, wenn es mal etwas düsterer wird, ein absolutes Muss! ( )
  FiliaLibri | Nov 10, 2015 |
I've come across banshees a few times in other urban fantasy, but only ever as peripheral characters, not the main supernatural entity. So this story (and its precursor) offered a refreshing change from the "usual suspects."

I was also hooked by the mystery of who/what was killing the girls, and I definitely didn't see the ending coming, but I was a little dissatisfied with who was responsible, given that the character had not previously shown evidence of that degree of evil intent.

Overall, I enjoyed the story enough to want to listen to the next one in the series. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
....I kept hearing about how amazing this was but... it was so boring =

I mean, the concept had potential for awesome but the themes were so cliche...

Not very popular girl... living under her best friends shadow, meets hot-popular-slightly 'bad boy'... bad boy likes girl but girl can't imagine why.... yay....

Is it bad that i'm just so tired of that? I feel like that theme is being so overdone these days....

I mean there were some cool things about it, the reapers and the bean sidhes [banshee's:]... they were cool.

But it was so bland... it was all so... flavourless. I didn't get attached to any of the characters during the entire book. I couldn't care less when any of them died because i really didn't LIKE any of them at all...

Nash was ok... but i didn't see anything original in him. He was just another hot guy... i dunno, maybe my standards are getting too high? Maybe i was too busy seeing the bad in this book?

... I just didn't really enjoy it... It might be a matter of personal opinion right now.

Because the otherwordly parts were really cool. i liked those parts. I just didn't like it any time the 'real world' stepped in. Because those parts were always rather cliche.

So... i dunno... it just didn't do it for me... maybe the second will be better. ( )
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |
I have heard a lot of great things about this series ever since it came out, and like a few other books I have read lately this one disappointed me.

This book starts out when Kaylee Cavanaugh meets her love interest. There is no build up. No nothing. It is just BAM here is Nash. Nash is here now. Hold your applause until the end of this book please.

That kind of start just started to sour my expectations.

My Soul to Take felt mediocre. I will continue in the hopes it does get better mainly because I bought the entire series at the same time. ( )
  Tarklovishki | Oct 31, 2014 |
Showing 1-5 of 116 (next | show all)
Great book. Refreshing new concept in paranormal YA!
added by CyndiGoodgame | editYA Author of Fey Court Series, Cyndi Goodgame (Sep 21, 2012)

» Add other authors

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Rachel Vincentprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ronconi, AmandaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
First words
"Come on!"
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description

She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

Kaylee has become a "soul screamer"--she knows when someone is going to die and is compelled to scream, as if in warning. But her classmates keep dying!

(summary from another edition)

» see all 2 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
12 avail.
102 wanted
6 pay2 pay

Popular covers


Average: (3.87)
1 4
1.5 2
2 13
2.5 8
3 72
3.5 18
4 132
4.5 14
5 83


2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.


Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,888,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible