My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1) by…

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1) (edition 2009)

by Rachel Vincent

1,0491218,030 (3.86)1 / 44
Member:taleofnight
Title:My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers Book 1)
Authors:Rachel Vincent
Info:Harlequin Teen (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fantasy, banshees

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

English (120)  German (1)  All languages (121)
A page turner for sure! I just loved it.l The characters interact perfectly with each other. Love Nash and Tod! Can't wait for the next one! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Kaylee has a “panic attack” while at a club in front of Nash, one of the hot popular kids at her school. Instead of laughing at Kaylee, Nash does his best to soother her. This leaves Kaylee questioning his motives.

A series of unexplained deaths among teenage girls leads Kaylee to wonder if she is somehow connected since she has had a “panic attack” around two of them. Kaylee freaks out, thinks she’s dying, and that these panic attacks are part of some hallucination. Nash spills the beans about what she is. She takes it upon herself to figure out why these girls are dropping dead.

I absolutely love this series. There aren’t many books out there about bean sidhes (banshees). It’s also great to recognize the places she talks about in the book. I live in the DFW and have driven past Arlington Memorial and been to White Rock Lake.

This is my second read of this book, and I fell in love with the characters all over again. I thought Nash was a decent guy before, but I really don’t care for him anymore. I think a lot of this is because I know the outcome later in the series, but that’s not all of it. He’s a sweet guy, but at the same time he seems like a total d-bag. He’s way to confident in himself. He’s not like Jace or Damon. His cockiness isn’t adorable. It’s grating. Kaylee thinks she has to save everybody and has some serious white knight syndrome going on. She’s a good person and extremely loyal.

If you want something that doesn’t include vamps, wolves or zombies, you should pick this up. You’ll love it as much as I have. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Kirsten Potter
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I liked it alright. Kaylee was a good, strong heroine. Nash was wonderfully supportive. There were a few good twists. I generally liked most of the characters and it was well written.

The book did have a few irritants though. For one Kaylee was no where near angry enough with her family for lying to her her whole life. No where near angry enough! I felt cheated by her lack of venom. Plus, I still don't understand why they did it. I understand why her father sent her to live with his brother, but why wasn't she told about her heritage? That was never addressed. For another, Nash seemed to have fallen instantly in love with Kaylee. I generally hate insta-love, but that wasn't what this felt like. I don't want to give any spoilers, so I'll be vague. But, other than their parents, they were the only two of what they were and it felt very much like this was the basis of his infatuation. Yet another irritant was the fact that even amidst all the new, mind boggling information Kaylee was assimilating we are somehow supposed to believe that she alone noticed the mystery in need of solving. Then, despite the fact that her theory was practically based on fairy dust (i.e., nothing substantial) she was right. I thought the very fact that she knew something was wrong felt almost miraculous. Lastly, there seemed to be a little bit of a plot hole between the fact that those who claimed the souls of the departed were doing a job they were recruited for, while Kaylee and Nash had a natural-born skill. These two tasks seem to be connected, flip sides of a coin almost. So how is one something you are born to do and the next something you are essentially hired to do? It seems to me that both would either have be natural or not, but how can they be so closely related if they haven't evolved together?

All-in-all I enjoyed the read. I have the next in the series, [b:My Soul to Save|6763961|My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)|Rachel Vincent|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1255722532s/6763961.jpg|17289417], and I'll be reading it next. ( )
  SadieSForsythe | Feb 24, 2016 |
WOW! This book was awesome. Why, might you be asking? It had a strong, fast moving plot, dynamic and perfectly depicted characters, and some nice sarcasm and humor (when appropriate). I have to say, once I got into the book, and started to learn more about Kaylee's particular situation, I was socked, I have never read a book with this particular paranormal uh...trying not to spoil anything...situation, maybe. You will have to read it to get it, and I don't want to give it away. This book is awesome, and I am already in love with Nash. 100%. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Great book. Refreshing new concept in paranormal YA!
added by CyndiGoodgame | editYA Author of Fey Court Series, Cyndi Goodgame (Sep 21, 2012)

Rachel Vincentprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ronconi, AmandaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Come on!"

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH KAYLEE CAVANAUGH

She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.

Kaylee has become a "soul screamer"--she knows when someone is going to die and is compelled to scream, as if in warning. But her classmates keep dying!

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,185,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible