Watch Me Throw the Ball! by Mo Willems

Watch Me Throw the Ball!

by Mo Willems

“Watch me throw the ball” is a book in the series of Piggie and Elephant similar to other books in the series it's appeal is providing two dynamic protagonists who reflect two opposing personality types. Piggie is the more adventurous while Elephant is more serious, I think is a great dynamic in children’s books and provides the reader with a opportunity to explore different personality types without judgment as both characters are presented equally fair and the dialogue is very sharp and witty. I see how this would appeal to a young audience.
  Winston_Rivas | Aug 16, 2017 |
This is cute in its way but too stripped down--Piggie is Dharma and Gerald is Greg, the end. Some of the others, like I'm a Frog, take on the same dynamic with a lot more psychological complexity. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Jan 14, 2017 |
Yes, five stars - they resonate with me, make me think and laugh, and are a hit with everyone I share them with.

In this one Piggie's facial expression is so aggressive it's almost demonic. But ya gotta love her ebullient effervescent exuberance. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
In Mo Willems section
  anniewon1 | Jun 3, 2016 |
Elephant throws the ball and Piggie finds it. Piggie then wants to throw the ball but elephant explains that throwing a ball is difficult and takes practice. Piggie throws the ball anyway and thinks that they threw it around the world when they actually threw it behind himself. Moral of the story that it is not always about best or worst but about having fun.
  Ivary | Apr 2, 2016 |

Gerald the elephant tries to tell Piggie that ball-throwing is serious business, but Piggie just wants to have fun.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,439,932 books! | Top bar: Always visible