And Then Everything Unraveled by Jennifer…

And Then Everything Unraveled

by Jennifer Sturman

How to Be Popular by Meg Cabot (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Similar writing style and humor

Amidst all the usual teenage drama of moving to a new town and getting settled into a new school, Delia's faced with figuring out what happened to her mother, tycoon T.K. Truesdale. The title of this novel is very telling and reminds me a bit of Dude, Where's my Car? at the drive thru, "And then...And then...And then..." to the degree that some plot points are unbelievable. But I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories.

Character-wise I feel this novel is very strong. The Aunts and Delia's love interest, Quinn, are dynamic and interesting. I also love the description of Delia because of her mother and father's diverse personalities and backgrounds. Delia's Indian father taught her to surf and she's much more interested in that than the techie stuff her mother does.

Overall, this is a nice read but doesn't wrap up everything. I'm still wondering what's going on with T.K., so I'll have to get my hands on the sequel, And Then I Found out the Truth, at some point. ( )
  jennk | Mar 11, 2016 |
This novel marks Sturman's entry into young adult, although at times it is hard to see how Delia Truesdale is less mature than Rachel Benjamin (leaving aside whether that is a compliment to the former or an insult to the later). It's an exciting read from beginning to end, mixing the genres of classic orphan novels with young adult and mystery others. I won't spoil the ending for you. Then again, neither will Sturman. ( )
  nosajeel | Jun 21, 2014 |
A good mystery for ... maybe 8-11th grade? There's nothing inappropriate in it and the story/character development is pretty good. The open ending suggests a sequel, where we'll get the second half of this story... I hope?
One of the more enjoyable mysteries I've read (says she who isn't a mystery lover). ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 31, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book-it was a true gem of a find! If I am not mistaken, I bought it after I got my Kindle. The UK Kindle bookstore was not as large as it is now and the YA pickings were slim (if like me, you are not so keen on paranormal romance). So, I stumbled across this and I am glad I did! In short, Delia Truesdale finds herself uprooted and transplanted to NYC from her native Palo Alto when her mother disappears whilst on an expedition; however, Delia is convinced her mother is well and truly alive and kicking. So, she attempts to seek out the truth amidst a backdrop of her polar opposite aunts; an elite private school featuring well known and loved staples such as 'fast-talking-know-it-all' and 'hot-but-misunderstood-rich guy'; melodramatic clairvoyants; detectives; and a few dodgy hedge fund managers for good measure. Delia was a likeable character and the story read at a consistent pace. It all seemed well planned and therefore it was well executed. I was extremely pleased to read 'To Be Continued' at the end. Therefore, I would rate this a solid 4/5. ( )
  sophilee | Jul 31, 2012 |
  jasonlf | Aug 3, 2011 |

First there was a disappearance. Then there was a kiss. Then there was a clue. And then. . .
This is a gripping, wryly funny YA mystery with plot twists and intrigue galore!

Delia Truesdale has no idea her life's about to change forever. She's too busy enjoying the California summer. Her internet tycoon mother, T.K. Truesdale, is out of town, and that means Delia can spend all her time at the beach, surfing. That is, until everything unravels.

Her mother suddenly goes missing, and everyone thinks she's dead - except Delia, who knows T.K.'s way too organized to simply disappear. But Delia's still sent to New York to live with her two aunts - a downtown bohemian and an uptown ice queen.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:17 -0400)

Delia's mother is declared dead when her ship disappears on the way to Antarctica, but when Delia arrives in New York to live with an aunt she has never met, she begins trying to figure out what really happened to her mother.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible